Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
canadianclimate is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Popping Sounds from BTA 10100FHC

I purchased my BTA10100FHC BT Series Sub in April 2010. I had it installed about two months later through a local installer. Everything has been working great until the last few weeks. Now when I start my car, hit the brakes to hard (abs comes on), step on the gas hard, pressing the up on my power windows (when already up), or turning off my rear defroster there is a loud popping coming from the sub. Sometimes it is once, or in many cases it does it repeatedly until my action stops. Nothing has changed in my car since the install, and my installer said that there is now induction to the Bazooka tube. I have no clue what is wrong and neither does the installer. If it makes a difference, the sub is connected to my factory deck (2008 Impala SS) using the high frequency connections, and use the cables that accompanied the sub. I have also tried switching the phase control, but this only made the situation worse.

Any help is appreciated as I live in Winnipeg, Canada and have no authorized service shop for your equipment.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Popping Sounds from BTA 10100FHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianclimate View Post
I purchased my BTA10100FHC BT Series Sub in April 2010. I had it installed about two months later through a local installer. Everything has been working great until the last few weeks. Now when I start my car, hit the brakes to hard (abs comes on), step on the gas hard, pressing the up on my power windows (when already up), or turning off my rear defroster there is a loud popping coming from the sub. Sometimes it is once, or in many cases it does it repeatedly until my action stops. Nothing has changed in my car since the install, and my installer said that there is now induction to the Bazooka tube. I have no clue what is wrong and neither does the installer. If it makes a difference, the sub is connected to my factory deck (2008 Impala SS) using the high frequency connections, and use the cables that accompanied the sub. I have also tried switching the phase control, but this only made the situation worse.

Any help is appreciated as I live in Winnipeg, Canada and have no authorized service shop for your equipment.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Transit noise can be troubling, but using a systematic approach will identify the culprit. First things first, you will want to check your ground. Check the connection to the harness as well as the terminal that you have fastened to the vehicle. Make sure this connection is clean, tight and secure. You would be surprised how many times the problem is a ground fastener that has worked loose. If you have one, grab your DMM and measure the resistance at your ground, this should read zero. If the ground has been properly prepared and your using a self tapping sheet metal screw, replace it with a nut, bolt, star washer and regular washer.

If your still having problems with noise, please post back and we can do some more troubleshooting.

Last edited by heavyduty; 12-22-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Just Gettin Started

I had the ground problem earlier in the summer and the installer fixed that problem. I actually brought it back to them this week and was told the ground was secure and how it should be.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Just Gettin Started

Help 0003 Re: Popping Sounds from BTA 10100FHC

After visual inspection and testing of the ground, everything is as it should be.

What is the next thing to test or change to reduce the transit noise?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
After visual inspection and testing of the ground, everything is as it should be.

What is the next thing to test or change to reduce the transit noise?
The next step your going to want to take is dropping one channel of the Tube during playback. If the symptoms go away during playback, you have found a channel that is introducing noise into the system. Depending on which inputs your installer used, this may be as simple as unplugging one of the RCA's or disconnecting one channel of the High Level Inputs.

Last edited by heavyduty; 12-27-2010 at 04:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to heavyduty For This Useful Post:
Geneh (12-27-2010)
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Just Gettin Started

Is there any other options to fix the problem that I should know about OR any other issues to look for?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is there any other options to fix the problem that I should know about OR any other issues to look for?
Have you dropped one of the channels during playback? Tracing induced noise in a system is a time consuming process and there really is no side stepping the process.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Just Gettin Started

I just want to know what are some possible problems that can be found during tracing the induced noise, and how to rectify them. I guess the ones that pop-up the most often would be of importance.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just want to know what are some possible problems that can be found during tracing the induced noise, and how to rectify them. I guess the ones that pop-up the most often would be of importance.
Once you identify the culprit, you will usually be able to find out the cause. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to list what may be the problem. It could be something as small as a RCA not pushed in all of the way, if your installer installed a LOC (line output converter) this may have developed a fault in the circuitry, if you are using High Level Inputs, one of the leads may not have been insulated properly or a positive and negative lead can be touching.

Taking a systematic approach is going to be your best friend in identifying what and how.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Just Gettin Started

Got the installer to go through everything and did not find a problem. Installer noticed Phase setting was turned all the way over, reset, and the problem has disappeared. What would the reason for this be?

Tags
bta10100fhc, induction, popping