Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
dz14 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 What do I need?

I just bought a BTA8100 the other day as part of my plan to put a new stereo in my car, a 1997 Honda CRV. I have two questions about how to proceed. Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge about car stereos, so I apologize if I don't know what I am talking about.

1) I have not bought a deck yet. Are there any features a deck must have so that I can connect my sub to it (e.g. I have seen some that have a "sub out" feature, is something like that necessary?)? Basically, I am on a tight budget and would like to get only what is necessary, nothing special.

2) I have no additional wiring other than what came in the box with the sub, which appears to be small wires that plug into the back of the sub. What else must I get in order to get the sub connected?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What do I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz14 View Post
I just bought a BTA8100 the other day as part of my plan to put a new stereo in my car, a 1997 Honda CRV. I have two questions about how to proceed. Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge about car stereos, so I apologize if I don't know what I am talking about.

1) I have not bought a deck yet. Are there any features a deck must have so that I can connect my sub to it (e.g. I have seen some that have a "sub out" feature, is something like that necessary?)? Basically, I am on a tight budget and would like to get only what is necessary, nothing special.

2) I have no additional wiring other than what came in the box with the sub, which appears to be small wires that plug into the back of the sub. What else must I get in order to get the sub connected?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. You can connect to the factory headunit simply and easily by purchasing the FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH. The BTA8100 has a built in crossover and subsonic filter so you really do not need to purchase another headunit, and this will serve both of your purposes; adding bass to your ride and only purchasing what is necessary. Please post back with any other questions you may have.