Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
nepharius is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 One side is not working

Hello. noob here. I just bought an amplified bass tube recently thru Crutchfield. Its a 10100.

I've hooked everything up using a fast-connect harness I also purchased thru Cruthfield. Everything sounds great. I have a lot of bass, but noticed when I change the "balance" from middle to right, the tube fades out.

I hooked a multi-tester up to right side speaker wire running to the tube and it reads good.

Is it possible the right channel of the tube is "burned-out"? If that's the case, should I work with Crutchfield to get a replacement? or deal directly with Bazooka?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One side is not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepharius View Post
Hello. noob here. I just bought an amplified bass tube recently thru Crutchfield. Its a 10100.

I've hooked everything up using a fast-connect harness I also purchased thru Cruthfield. Everything sounds great. I have a lot of bass, but noticed when I change the "balance" from middle to right, the tube fades out.

I hooked a multi-tester up to right side speaker wire running to the tube and it reads good.

Is it possible the right channel of the tube is "burned-out"? If that's the case, should I work with Crutchfield to get a replacement? or deal directly with Bazooka?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum nepharius. Concerning your BTA10100, what channels are you using for the signal source for the Tube, front or rear? What, if anything happens when you set the balance to the left only? Have you verified that the inputs to the Tube are in phase? If so, how? Also, what are checking for using your multi-tester?

It is too early to tell if you are having an internal issue with the amplifier. If it turns out you do have a problem with the Tube, you can work with Crutchfield or send it to Bazooka to be repaired or replaced under warranty. Just be sure to fill out the warranty registration, you can do that here on the website.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepharius View Post

Thanks in advance.
http://www.bazooka.com/warranty
Old 11-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Just Gettin Started

nepharius is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for your response. Let's see if I can answer some of your ?'s in return.

1. I'm using the rear channels to connect the tube. Connecting using the high-level inputs. Should I try the front channels? I didn't think that it mattered, maybe that's a wrong assumption?

2. When I move balance from middle to left, I don't really notice a difference. It's only when I move right that I notice the tube cutting out.

3. As far as the phase goes. I've had the switch in both up and down positions and have noticed no change in output and right side still doesn't work. Unless there's something more to the phase thing. They way I understood it was "flip the switch to see if it sounds better". If there's more to it, you'll have to forgive my ignorance on that subject.

4. I used the multitester to make sure I had signal from the head unit to the tube. More than that, I grabbed an old speaker and hooked it up to the right speaker wires and had signal. NOTE on that, this may be a "Here's your sign" thing but I didn't check using the terminals that connect into the tube. I just cut the sheathing back to expose the wire close to the tube and checked it there.

One more thing I thought about trying, and that is, instead of using the fast connect harness clip that snaps into the tube, I thought I'd cut that off and splice the existing wires into the "bazooka" clip/connection that came with the tube. Maybe one of the terminals in the fast connect clip is not making the connection.

Or maybe try the low-input cables? IDK, I'm just grasping at straws. My knowledge is limited as I'm sure you can probably tell.

I'll have to fill out the warranty form. Thanks for the link. Hopefully we can figure this out. To be honest, I'm still happy with just one side working, I'll be friggin ecstatic to get both working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum nepharius. Concerning your BTA10100, what channels are you using for the signal source for the Tube, front or rear? What, if anything happens when you set the balance to the left only? Have you verified that the inputs to the Tube are in phase? If so, how? Also, what are checking for using your multi-tester?

It is too early to tell if you are having an internal issue with the amplifier. If it turns out you do have a problem with the Tube, you can work with Crutchfield or send it to Bazooka to be repaired or replaced under warranty. Just be sure to fill out the warranty registration, you can do that here on the website.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

nepharius, I would suggest NOT cutting off any of the FAST-9999 or the FAST-BTAH. You will always get the best performance from the Tube using the High Level Inputs. As for your limited knowledge on the subject, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for, so no worries.

In response to your answers (in the same order you posted them),

1. Yes, it does make a difference using the front channels over the rear. If ever decide to fade to the front, you will be lowering the signal the Tube is getting, thus lowering the volume of the Tube. The front channels are always best.

2. Do you have both of the rear speakers hooked up to the High Level Inputs? If you do not have the right speaker connected to the right channel of the Tube, you will not be getting any sound out of that channel; no signal, no sound!

3. You are correct in your thinking on the phase switch. However, you need to make sure that both channels of the Tube are connected in phase. This can easily be done by reversing the wires on the right channel of the FAST-9999 (since this is the channel you are having a problem with). There is no need to take this step with the left channel.

From the sounds of the post, this is a simple connection problem so you should be up and running in no time.

Tags
balance, channel