Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Motorcycle Products

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
samsil is on a distinguished road
Default BTA6100 Goldwing Questions

iI am Samsil new here and I purchased the MC-HON-AMK kit and the Bass tube BTA 6100. I installed with no problem. Now I have bass on the front speakers and the sub. I have no bass on the rear speakers and if i fade to the rear speakers i have no bass from the sub.
1. Am I hooked up right and getting this from the equipment? I thought I was to get no bass from the speakers and bass from the Bass Tube with the F.A.S.T harness which I also purchased.
2. Will the bass tube take the bass from both the front and rear speakers?
3. Do I have to purchase another part to remove the bass from the speakers and send it only to the BTA6100?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA6100 Goldwing Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsil View Post
iI am Samsil new here and I purchased the MC-HON-AMK kit and the Bass tube BTA 6100. I installed with no problem. Now I have bass on the front speakers and the sub. I have no bass on the rear speakers and if i fade to the rear speakers i have no bass from the sub.
1. Am I hooked up right and getting this from the equipment? I thought I was to get no bass from the speakers and bass from the Bass Tube with the F.A.S.T harness which I also purchased.
2. Will the bass tube take the bass from both the front and rear speakers?
3. Do I have to purchase another part to remove the bass from the speakers and send it only to the BTA6100?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum samsil. From reading your post, it does sound as if you have the Tube connected properly using the front speakers. Fading to the rear will see you lose your bass response from the Tube, as you are using the front speakers for your signal. As for bass response from your main speakers, while the Tube will carry these notes much better, you will still have bass notes playing from your other speakers.
As for question number two, you can use either the front or rear speaker for your Bass Tube signal, however the front speakers are the best to use.

On to your third question, you don't have to purchase anything else. Use your filter on the amplifier to adjust your crossover and tailor the sound to your liking. Please post back with anymore questions you may have.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Just Gettin Started

Help 0003 Re: BTA6100 Goldwing Questions

On to your third question, you don't have to purchase anything else. Use your filter on the amplifier to adjust your crossover and tailor the sound to your liking. Please post back with anymore questions you may have. [/quote]

How do you adjust the filter on the amp is that the adjustment screw that is on the amp. I set the radio to 20 then adjusted the screw till i got a little distortion is that the adjustment you are talking about?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

No, that is the gain setting on the amplifier. Looking at the MC-HON-AMK, it has HP/Full as the crossover specs, this usually means there is a switch for you to slide into place to activate the High Pass crossover. Red or Geneh will be the guys you are going to want to talk to. Either PM them or call Bazooka Monday morning, 1-800-THE-TUBE.
Geneh (10-05-2009)
Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: BTA6100 Goldwing Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
No, that is the gain setting on the amplifier. Looking at the MC-HON-AMK, it has HP/Full as the crossover specs, this usually means there is a switch for you to slide into place to activate the High Pass crossover. Red or Geneh will be the guys you are going to want to talk to. Either PM them or call Bazooka Monday morning, 1-800-THE-TUBE.
Thanks I foound it it was between the two white quick connects on the amp and it works well now.
Thaks again.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

No problem, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for. Glad to hear you have your system dialed in, if you have any more questions, please post back.
Geneh (10-19-2009)
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Just Gettin Started

ronnie s is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: BTA6100 Goldwing Questions

hi can you hook up 6100 with oem honda harness with out speaker and amp upgrade on a 1800 wing 2008 need support,
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie s View Post
hi can you hook up 6100 with oem honda harness with out speaker and amp upgrade on a 1800 wing 2008 need support,
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Yes, you can install a BTA6100 without upgrading the speakers or amplifier. Instead of a plug and play installation, you will simply have to tap into the factory harness for the appropriate signal and power connections.
ronnie s (02-25-2010)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Just Gettin Started

ronnie s is on a distinguished road

ok where do i locate radio harness under tank shelter or under seat or next to radio is there a visual site to see what i am looking for thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie s View Post
ok where do i locate radio harness under tank shelter or under seat or next to radio is there a visual site to see what i am looking for thanks
Red or Geneh will be the tech. guys that will be able to best answer your motorcycle install questions. Send either one a PM (private message) or give them a call (1-800-THE-TUBE).