Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-1721 for 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring???

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls77 View Post
just a quick update, i did order the FAST-1721 and the extension, so hopefully i'll be able to confirm the compatibility sometime next week. i'll try to get a tube sometime by the end of the month (hopefully sooner rather than later!).

thanks again guys!
Hey david, that would be awesome if you don't mind posting back. Hopefully you will be able to repair your Tube this weekend. Again, if you need any more information or hit a snag, post on the forum!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Just Gettin Started

davidls77
Help 0003 Re: FAST-1721 for 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring???

okay, after almost a year i decided to try my old EL8A-HP (ended up selling the car that it was in) and put it in the van.. used the fast-1721 and extension and everything seems okay, but i'm not getting any sound from the tube. i do have power as the green light is lit and the stock honda stereo is working fine (no issues with existing stereo/speakers).

any suggestions on what might be wrong???

the tube was working fine in the other car, so i'm pretty sure there isn't anything wrong w/ the tube itself and there is power so that's also eliminated (i think). the fast-1721 harness hooked up pretty much right on (had to shave off some of the plastic to make it fit though, but it had the same pins, etc.)

thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
okay, after almost a year i decided to try my old EL8A-HP (ended up selling the car that it was in) and put it in the van.. used the fast-1721 and extension and everything seems okay, but i'm not getting any sound from the tube. i do have power as the green light is lit and the stock honda stereo is working fine (no issues with existing stereo/speakers).

any suggestions on what might be wrong???

the tube was working fine in the other car, so i'm pretty sure there isn't anything wrong w/ the tube itself and there is power so that's also eliminated (i think). the fast-1721 harness hooked up pretty much right on (had to shave off some of the plastic to make it fit though, but it had the same pins, etc.)

thanks in advance!
Welcome back to the Forum David. What speakers (front or rear) are you using for your signal? Check the position of your fader. If the green LED is on, then you do have power at the Tube. Since the Tube did work when you last had it connected, it should be something simple to get you back up and running.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Just Gettin Started

davidls77

thanks for the quick reply!

hmm.. how do i check which signal (front/rear) you are referring to?

this is the first time i've used the FAST harness, so I thought it was pretty much a plug-n-play type thing?

i'm used to using after-market stereos and using the RCA low-level connections, so i don't really know what/how to check...

thanks again!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
thanks for the quick reply!

hmm.. how do i check which signal (front/rear) you are referring to?

this is the first time i've used the FAST harness, so I thought it was pretty much a plug-n-play type thing?

i'm used to using after-market stereos and using the RCA low-level connections, so i don't really know what/how to check...

thanks again!
The FAST Harness is plug and play. On your headunit, fade all the way to the front speakers and then the rear speakers to see if you get any volume from the Tube.
Geneh (08-11-2009)
Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Just Gettin Started

davidls77

yeah, i tried fading front/rear, left/right and nothing... man, i was so excited when i saw that the power was on, but with no sound this is so disappointing haha

i also tried the switch as well (i think it's for the "phase", can't remember the name off the top of my head; it's in the manual though) and no sound either way...

any other suggestions on what to try?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
yeah, i tried fading front/rear, left/right and nothing... man, i was so excited when i saw that the power was on, but with no sound this is so disappointing haha

i also tried the switch as well (i think it's for the "phase", can't remember the name off the top of my head; it's in the manual though) and no sound either way...

any other suggestions on what to try?
Sure, but it will depend on how far down the rabbit hole your wanting to go....
If you have a DMM (digital multi meter), remove the woofer (using a square bit or a Robertson bit) and connect the leads from the DMM to the speaker terminals coming from the amplifier. You will want to check to see if there is voltage present. Be sure to remove the fuse before you connect the leads. Connect the leads, making sure they are secure, reinsert the fuse and power the Tube. Or, you can call 1-800-THE-TUBE and have the Tube sent in for diagnostics.