Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 06:43 PM
President

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough
Exclamation FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

We have now posted detailed installation instructions on how to use the FAST-9999 Universal Harness. This information is available in the Tech Info\Installation Manuals section of our website, as well as, on the FAST-9999 product page. But, here is the link for those of you passing through here!

http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/F...tr_rev1_sm.pdf

Thank you,
KF

The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (07-15-2009)
Old 02-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Just Gettin Started

toast is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Hi, after looking over the installation instructions, do you mean that you use the red wire in the FAST wiring harness to power the bazooka sub? You don't need to run a separate wire connected directly to the battery? What gauge is the red wire in the FAST-9999 harness? What gauge is the corresponding wire in the FAST-BTAH wiring extension?

Thanks for having this forum. I'm thinking of buying the BTA850FH, which includes the FAST wiring harness, from Crutchfield.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Hi, after looking over the installation instructions, do you mean that you use the red wire in the FAST wiring harness to power the bazooka sub? You don't need to run a separate wire connected directly to the battery? What gauge is the red wire in the FAST-9999 harness? What gauge is the corresponding wire in the FAST-BTAH wiring extension?

Thanks for having this forum. I'm thinking of buying the BTA850FH, which includes the FAST wiring harness, from Crutchfield.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum toast. That is correct, when using the FAST System, you do not need to connect to the positive post of the battery terminal (this only applies to the BTA850 and the BTAXX100 line as these Tubes have a minimal current draw). The FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH both use 16 gauge wire. Please post back with any questions you may have.
Kingfish (02-13-2010), toast (02-14-2010)
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Just Gettin Started

Bobbbo is on a distinguished road

I am about to purchase a BTA8100 or a BTA10100 - both come with FAST kits. I have aslo read the installation manual, the FAST instruction sheet and the prior posts and need some clarification. The vendor (large retailer) wants to sell me a 3rd party "instalation kit" saying I need at least 10g wire plus an inline fuse to connect to + battery terminal. Can I use just the FAST harness? If I use the FAST harness is there need for an additional fuse. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbbo View Post
I am about to purchase a BTA8100 or a BTA10100 - both come with FAST kits. I have aslo read the installation manual, the FAST instruction sheet and the prior posts and need some clarification. The vendor (large retailer) wants to sell me a 3rd party "instalation kit" saying I need at least 10g wire plus an inline fuse to connect to + battery terminal. Can I use just the FAST harness? If I use the FAST harness is there need for an additional fuse. Thanks.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. No, you do not need to purchase a installation kit to install a BTA8100 or BTA10100 Tube. The FAST Harness takes care of everything for you, safely and easily. No need for additional fuses either, connect the harness, mount the Tube, plug everything in and you are good to go. Please post back with any questions you may have.
Bobbbo (02-14-2010), Geneh (02-15-2010), toast (02-14-2010)
Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Just Gettin Started

Dh52 is on a distinguished road

In the instruction manual it says you need a power wire? And it mentions some yellow and orange wires and remote turn on options. I dont really understand the difference and how to hook up my tube to one of these settings?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dh52 View Post
In the instruction manual it says you need a power wire? And it mentions some yellow and orange wires and remote turn on options. I dont really understand the difference and how to hook up my tube to one of these settings?
If you use the FAST System you do not need to connect to the positive battery terminal. The FAST-9999 needs to be used in conjunction with the FAST-BTAH, which will plug into the FAST-9999 and the back of the Tube. In doing so, there will be no Yellow Turn-On Loop or seperate Orange Remote Turn-On wire as this is done through the FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH.
Geneh (02-24-2011)
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Just Gettin Started

Okay so if i hook up the tube to my aftermarket deck with the rca cables the red and the blue/white wires of the FAST-9999 still have to be connected to something? Where do i hook them up?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dh52 View Post
Okay so if i hook up the tube to my aftermarket deck with the rca cables the red and the blue/white wires of the FAST-9999 still have to be connected to something? Where do i hook them up?
The red wire of the FAST-9999 will connect to the +12v constant on the headunit and the blue/white wire will connect to the +12v switched (key-on/key-off) or the amplifier remote of the headunit. Consult the owner's manual of your headunit to correctly identify these wires.
Dh52 (02-28-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Just Gettin Started

Ok one last question, what are the little switch and knob for on my BTA8100?

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c