Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Motorcycle Products

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 07:59 PM

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bazooka tube on a bike?

Hello,All you Wing riders for your sub upgrade there is a plastic lock cover right inside the trunk is where I suggust you cut the 3" vent hole it looks like a butterfly 4 screws and it's off put the hole right in the center of it I will post a picture as soon as I can get it thank you for buying our product we hope you have many years of enjoyment from it .

Best Regards,
Red
The Following User Says Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (04-04-2009)
Old 04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Just Gettin Started

foxvalleyal is on a distinguished road

Thanks Red. Is there any thought or plans of mounting the sub somewhere else besides the rear compartment on the Goldwings? I was thinking it could probably mount nicely underneath the rear compartment with either the straps or brackets. It would be exposed to the outside elements but I believe I saw somewhere there is a neoprene case for the Bazooka tube that would protect it from water and rain. The only drawback to having this sub in the rear compartment is that you loose the majority of precious storage space. The rear compartment will hold 2 full face helmets and a few other odds and ends. With the Bazooka mounted in there, that kills that. Not even room for 1 helmet. This might be a deal breaker for some riders as they may not want to compromise the the cargo space.
Any thoughts on this?

Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hello,All you Wing riders for your sub upgrade there is a plastic lock cover right inside the trunk is where I suggust you cut the 3" vent hole it looks like a butterfly 4 screws and it's off put the hole right in the center of it I will post a picture as soon as I can get it thank you for buying our product we hope you have many years of enjoyment from it .

Best Regards,
Red
Old 04-07-2009, 11:24 AM

Red is on a distinguished road

Al, We realize the trunk space is a issue but most people ride more in town then on the open road so the sub is enjoyed more on local runs ,As for mounting outside the Bazooka bass tube is meant to be corner loaded so you would loose alot of bass by mounting it outside of the trunk .I suggest that you use in on local runs and if your going touring simply take it out and you have all your trunk space back .

Enjoy,
Red
The Following User Says Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (04-07-2009)
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Just Gettin Started

foxvalleyal is on a distinguished road

Thanks Red. It's not really a problem for me. I have a trailer hitch and access to a Bushtech trailer whenever I need it. I am also adding a quick removal rack that mounts on my hitch that accomodates a luggage bag that will make up for the lost storage space if needed. I'm just saying, some guys may not compromise on the space. I had a friend check it out and he said would not give up the space for the sub as he usually has the rear compartment filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Al, We realize the trunk space is a issue but most people ride more in town then on the open road so the sub is enjoyed more on local runs ,As for mounting outside the Bazooka bass tube is meant to be corner loaded so you would loose alot of bass by mounting it outside of the trunk .I suggest that you use in on local runs and if your going touring simply take it out and you have all your trunk space back .

Enjoy,
Red
Old 05-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

gregs962 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Bazooka tube on a bike?

I have done a install on my Yamaha Venture ,,i used a alpine 4 channel amp.and a BTA 8100 bass tube,,the sound is great,,better than alot of cars,,i posted pictures on my profile,,i also removed the factory speakers and installed 4'' polk audio components,,all the way around,,it sounds fantastic,will get you alot of attention and compliments because a motorcycle sound system is'nt suppose to sound that good,,i also have done a few installs on Goldwings,,the only thing is you will lose all of your trunk space,,
The Following User Says Thank You to gregs962 For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (05-30-2009)
Old 06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
President

Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough

Greg,
How about posting those pics in the Garage? You should be able to simply click the Garage link and create entries for your bike. I look forward to seeing them, and thanks for using our products!

KF

Old 06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Just Gettin Started

I tried to upload more pics of my bike to the garage ,but i was only able to get 2 pics on there,,my files were to large.
The Following User Says Thank You to gregs962 For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (06-05-2009)
Old 06-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for posting the pictures Greg. You may want to look into using a program like Windows Live Photo Gallery (just one of a few) to assist with re-formatting the rest of your photo's to allow you to post more of them. Nice Venture, have you done any custom work to your bike, besides the addition of the Bazooka?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Just Gettin Started

kyzerwb is on a distinguished road

where can I see those pictures of the vent hole in the trunk of the goldwing?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Just Gettin Started

Talking Re: Bazooka tube on a bike?

I've read the treads here and i'm a little confused,,if you mount an amp in the trunk of a goldwing ,why do you dill only one hole,,motorcycle trunks are ment to be air and water tight, one hole is not enough,,how about drilling about 6-10 holes against the rear panel in your trunk ,behind the rear seat of the goldwing,,not only to vent air into the trunk for the amp,,but also to let out the bass from the tube,,also a 6 1/2 tube is not going to give you a lot of bass,, step up 1 size and go with an 8" it will fit,,and the bass would blow your mind !!!!!!