Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
foxvalleyal is on a distinguished road
Default Hello From The Land Of Lincoln

Hi Everyone
Just ordered my Goldwing kit today after a convincing conversation with Kingfish yesterday. Almost choked when I had to punch in my CC number on the $604 total with the BTA6100 and FAST-HON-SIK installation kit. I have been working on an audio upgrade for this '02 Goldwing for about 18 months now and have yet to get the satisfactory sound I have been looking for. I am pretty happy with the Polk Audio db501 speaker upgrade I did last year. just can't find an amp good enough to drive them and still fit the small foot print for the CD Changer compartment in the trunk.

I'm hoping this upgrade will be my last stop. Time will tell. I'll post more after I drive it to the 9's.

Foxvalleyal
The Following User Says Thank You to foxvalleyal For This Useful Post:
Kingfish (03-25-2009)
Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello From The Land Of Lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxvalleyal View Post
Hi Everyone
Just ordered my Goldwing kit today after a convincing conversation with Kingfish yesterday. Almost choked when I had to punch in my CC number on the $604 total with the BTA6100 and FAST-HON-SIK installation kit. I have been working on an audio upgrade for this '02 Goldwing for about 18 months now and have yet to get the satisfactory sound I have been looking for. I am pretty happy with the Polk Audio db501 speaker upgrade I did last year. just can't find an amp good enough to drive them and still fit the small foot print for the CD Changer compartment in the trunk.

I'm hoping this upgrade will be my last stop. Time will tell. I'll post more after I drive it to the 9's.

Foxvalleyal
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Foxvalleyal. Congratulations on your purchase. While the initial cost may be a bit of a shock for you, you are investing in an excellent product from an outstanding company. Rest assured, you have made a sound investment. Post back after your ride to let us know how you enjoy your upgrade.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 AM
President

Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough

Fox,
Glad I could help. I emailed Red about the pictures and unfortunately he does not have them on his computer in China. Red in China, that is funny. Anyway, he said he would write the instructions on the subwoofer install and get them to me to post. Hopefully, by the time you get to that part of your install I will have them. Now that you are a member of the forum, you can Private Message Red as well. The PM will send him an email, and I know he will want to assist you with the install. Please don't hesitate to post or call if you run into any problems.

Thanks for choosing our products,
KF

Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Just Gettin Started

foxvalleyal is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jon. You can call me Al. The foxvalleyal comes from the fact that I live in the fox river valley area, far western suburbs of Chicago, fox valley Al. If I receive the goods by Friday, I will be cranking the tunes to the 9's over the weekend. The install will be easy since I already have a shielded wiring harness that I made last year installed along with (currently) the Blaupunkt THA 275 2 Channel amp which has terminal screw connectors. Out with the old, in with the new.

I'll give Red a blast if I have any questions but I will definitely need to know about drilling that hole at some point. It won't keep me from testing though. I'm looking forward to it.

Al