Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
UK Bazooka User is on a distinguished road
Default UMS8A mounting brackets in the UK

I submitted an enquiry through the Bazooka web site three days ago, but have had no reply, so I'm hoping for better luck here.

Having got my Bazooka BTA8100, I'm not keen on the mounting system of straps with plastic buckles. I would prefer the 8100 mounted so I know it will be securely mounted, in both senses of the word.

I contacted the UK retailer I purchased the tube from to enquire about the UMS8A mounting brackets. I was told they'd never sold them before and would need to contact their distributor, who seldom sold them. The price I was given was 70 - I'm not surprised they're seldom sold in this country! It is obscene charging that much for something so simple! Is there somewhere I can source them from at a sensible price?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UMS8A mounting brackets in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Bazooka User View Post
I submitted an enquiry through the Bazooka web site three days ago, but have had no reply, so I'm hoping for better luck here.

Having got my Bazooka BTA8100, I'm not keen on the mounting system of straps with plastic buckles. I would prefer the 8100 mounted so I know it will be securely mounted, in both senses of the word.

I contacted the UK retailer I purchased the tube from to enquire about the UMS8A mounting brackets. I was told they'd never sold them before and would need to contact their distributor, who seldom sold them. The price I was given was 70 - I'm not surprised they're seldom sold in this country! It is obscene charging that much for something so simple! Is there somewhere I can source them from at a sensible price?

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum UK. I apologize for the delay in your response. It is possible that your email was caught in a filter. Please also keep in mind that the Thanksgiving holiday was this week also. The UMS8A brackets are an incredible addition to any Bazooka Tube installation, and as you have written, they do offer a permanent mounting solution. The UMS8A can be purchased online in the Bazooka Store ($29.99 or 19.5819 pounds if my conversion was correct) which is considerably cheaper then the 70 pounds you are being quoted (or $107.20, OUCH!). On Monday, please call 1-800-THE-TUBE and ask to speak to CJ, the customer service manager. Perhaps there may be the option of having these shipped to you from the U.S.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Just Gettin Started

UK Bazooka User is on a distinguished road

Hi HD, thanks for the reply. I did check the bazooka store, and it stated no UK shipping options. Although the phone number is free for US callers, I don't know whether it is free for UK users. A quick google has indicated that the number may not work at all from outside the US. Is there another way to contact CJ?
Old 11-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Bazooka User View Post
Hi HD, thanks for the reply. I did check the bazooka store, and it stated no UK shipping options. Although the phone number is free for US callers, I don't know whether it is free for UK users. A quick google has indicated that the number may not work at all from outside the US. Is there another way to contact CJ?
UK, you can either send CJ your contact information via the PM feature, or you can send me your contact information via the PM feature. In fact, if you do not mind, can you send me a PM?
Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM
President

Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough

UK,
Our offices have been closed for the past several days in observance of the US Thanksgiving holiday. We will be back open on Monday, at which time CJ should be able to assist you.

Thank you for your interest in our products,
KF

The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (11-30-2008)