Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
davidls77
Question FAST-1721 for 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring???

Hello,

I know there has been some questions already regarding the FAST-1721, but I didn't see anything specific to a 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring.

I believe that the picture listed looks like it would match the Honda harness. I had installed a USA Spec Ipod adapter previously that hooked up to the back of the stock deck and it looks similar.

I love my older Bazooka tube that I have had for nearly 10 years now (still working and it is now in it's 3rd car!) and want to add some more bass to my van (it already has a sub located under the front passenger seat; but would like to add more). I saw that there is the FAST harness which would definitely ease a sub install (I want to keep my stock deck due to the fact that my touring model also has the NAVI and rear entertainment system).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If it does work, I will definitely be getting another powered tube for my Odyssey!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-1721 for 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring???

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls77 View Post
Hello,

I know there has been some questions already regarding the FAST-1721, but I didn't see anything specific to a 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring.

I believe that the picture listed looks like it would match the Honda harness. I had installed a USA Spec Ipod adapter previously that hooked up to the back of the stock deck and it looks similar.

I love my older Bazooka tube that I have had for nearly 10 years now (still working and it is now in it's 3rd car!) and want to add some more bass to my van (it already has a sub located under the front passenger seat; but would like to add more). I saw that there is the FAST harness which would definitely ease a sub install (I want to keep my stock deck due to the fact that my touring model also has the NAVI and rear entertainment system).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If it does work, I will definitely be getting another powered tube for my Odyssey!
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum! As for the FAST Harness 1721, the Odyssey is not listed as a vehicle it will work with. There may have been a update to that harness that I am not aware of however. If you are in a rush you can call 1-800-THE-TUBE, and ask to speak to the Tech Department. I am sorry that I could not be more specific with an answer for you. Or Forum Wizard, rainmanspl, may be able to post specifically about the harness.

I agree with you about the tubes, they are great. I have been a big fan since of them since I discovered them back in 1987. I know there is a marketplace for component subwoofers and custom built boxes, but I am partial to the tubes, not to mention they just look awesome.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hello,

Welcom David. The FAST1721 is by application compatible with your Odyssey. You should also purchase a BTAH extension harness to simplify
the install. Consider changing the fuse for the radio's constant power. Increase the fuse rating by 5amps.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
The Following User Says Thank You to rainmanspl For This Useful Post:
davidls77 (09-25-2008)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmanspl View Post
Welcom David. The FAST1721 is by application compatible with your Odyssey. You should also purchase a BTAH extension harness to simplify
the install. Consider changing the fuse for the radio's constant power. Increase the fuse rating by 5amps.
Once again, you are proving why you are the forum wizard rainman! Thanks for also pointing out that he needs to increase the fuse at the fuse box. This is a step that people are usually unaware of.
rainmanspl (09-24-2008)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
One more thing David, the FAST-BTAH can be purchased in the Bazooka on-line store for $15.99. (FAST-BTAH is the model number) When you get it installed, post back and let us know how it sounds.
davidls77 (09-25-2008), rainmanspl (09-24-2008)
Old 09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Just Gettin Started

davidls77
Smile Re: FAST-1721 for 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring???

thanks for the assistance!

i really appreciate it!

well, i'm going to lean towards doing a bazooka setup for my odyssey using the FAST-1721 harness and the FAST-BTAH to extend it back to the location; does anyone know how long a FAST-BTAH is?

i will defintely keep you all posted if/when i do get the ball rolling!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:22 PM

CJ will become famous soon enough

The package says 5 meters or approximately 15 feet.
CJ
Old 09-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

i really appreciate it!

well, i'm going to lean towards doing a bazooka setup for my odyssey using the FAST-1721 harness and the FAST-BTAH to extend it back to the location; does anyone know how long a FAST-BTAH is?

Thanks for the info CJ! At 15 feet, you will have plenty of length to get the tube mounted. Before you select a location to permantly mount the tube, try both corners of the Odyssey before you mount. Sometimes there is one corner that allows for more output due to the structure of the vehicle. Also, after you do have it mounted you can always play with the tuning of the tube by sliding the tube forward a bit, or backwards a bit. The 2-4" guideline is a general starting area so do not be alarmed if your tube falls outside of these measurements. The closer the tube is to the vehicle the tighter the bass gets, while the further away, there is a bit more hangover. These are points you already may know since you have been using Bazooka Tubes for so long, but if you didn't, there you go! Once your system is up and running, again, post back or put pics of the install in the Bazooka Garage. Also, if you run into any snags, feel free to post with a question, we are always happy to help!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

i really appreciate it!

Exactly 16.4ft.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Exactly 16.4ft.
Somebody get that man some mustard! Show off!