Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
durpquad is on a distinguished road
Default New and waiting for BTA6250D

Hello all... new to the forums. Watching and waiting for the release of the BTA6250D for my 07 silverado.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New and waiting for BTA6250D

Quote:
Originally Posted by durpquad View Post
Hello all... new to the forums. Watching and waiting for the release of the BTA6250D for my 07 silverado.
Welcome to the forum. You wont be disappointed, the digital amp Bazooka's are going to be awesome!! Will you be running a slave unit (BT604)? I only ask out of curosity, and to make sure that you realize the tubes are 130 watts rms at 4 ohms and 250 at 2 ohms. Either route, you just can't go wrong with a Bazooka, I love them. I stopped trying to buy vehicle specific enclosures and designing my own enckosures after I first purchased an EL8A years ago. I also love the way that they look, you just can't beat them!!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Just Gettin Started

durpquad is on a distinguished road

I think i will definitely add a second tube later.
I'm curious to see the reviews of a single BTA6250D compared to the BTA6200.

Seems like to take full advantage of the 6250D you need to add that second passive tube.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Seems like to take full advantage of the 6250D you need to add that second passive tube.
Most of all the Digital Amplifiers are designed for a 2 ohm load, so in a sense you are correct. Your are headed in the right direction though, 2 6" tubes will sound awesome in the cab of your truck. Other than the efficiency of the Class D versus the BTA6200 MOSFET, you gain an additional 50 watts, and the ability to add a slave unit, which I do believe was not an option with the BTA6200. You can call Tech, 1-800-THE-TUBE, or PM the forum wizard, rainmanspl, the guy is a car audio genius, check out his bio.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:32 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

The single tube alone performs extremely well. The amplifier is a true dynamic match for the driver (which is the same sub in the 6014). The power rating is rms and is rated at or below 1%THD. At 4ohms under high volume conditions, it would not be unlikely to see dynamic peaks of 200+wrms at 3-4%THD. (most humans cannot distinguish distortion till it reaches gross amounts of 8-10%) Adding a second tube will give you twice the power and cone area resulting in a 6dB gain. That is where the perception of the need for a second driver is created.
It's like drugs; you always end up needing more for the same result as the first time.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmanspl View Post
The single tube alone performs extremely well. The amplifier is a true dynamic match for the driver (which is the same sub in the 6014). The power rating is rms and is rated at or below 1%THD. At 4ohms under high volume conditions, it would not be unlikely to see dynamic peaks of 200+wrms at 3-4%THD. (most humans cannot distinguish distortion till it reaches gross amounts of 8-10%) Adding a second tube will give you twice the power and cone area resulting in a 6dB gain. That is where the perception of the need for a second driver is created.
It's like drugs; you always end up needing more for the same result as the first time.
That is the "bottom" line! You can never have enough after you have been bitten by the Car Audio Bug. I do find that Bazooka does seem to always have my fix!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:16 PM
BAZOOKA Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
That is the "bottom" line! You can never have enough after you have been bitten by the Car Audio Bug. I do find that Bazooka does seem to always have my fix!
We call it "Car Audio Herpes" here. Regardless of treatment or remission time, you will have the occasional outbreak.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 09-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
We call it "Car Audio Herpes" here. Regardless of treatment or remission time, you will have the occasional outbreak.
Isn't that the truth, Feeling low never sounded so good. (not my original quote by the way)
Old 09-16-2008, 10:40 PM
BAZOOKA Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Isn't that the truth, Feeling low never sounded so good. (not my original quote by the way)
And from now on that vibration in the seat won't be just because you farted.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
And from now on that vibration in the seat won't be just because you farted.
Another great quote! I am going to start keeping a journal of all of your quotes, and after I have 365 or 366 for Leap Year, I am going to make a rainmanspl quote of the day calendar.