Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 06-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
tim1087 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Help!

Ok, I bought the Bazooka Party pack, came with the 2 10" subs, amp, and box. I bought the wiring kit, everything was ready to go.

Wired the power wire from my battery all the way back to my amp. The power wire has a fuse bridging it, with a 40 amp fuse in it.

Wired the rca cables and Remote cable from the back of my head unit,to my amp.

Wired the ground grom my seatbelt bolt..back to the amp.

Plugged the 25 amp fuse that came with the kit into the amp..turned the key..and boom, the fuse blew...

Hmm...checked all the wiring, put a new fuse in..boom..blew again.

I even tried moving the ground location..the wire is inbetween 2 metal washers..boom, blown fuse.

What's the problem? Only the fuse in the amp is blowing, not the fuse in the power cable. The power light on the amp goes on..then fades out..and the fuse pops.

What can this be? Any help? Thank you.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:33 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1087 View Post
Ok, I bought the Bazooka Party pack, came with the 2 10" subs, amp, and box. I bought the wiring kit, everything was ready to go.

Wired the power wire from my battery all the way back to my amp. The power wire has a fuse bridging it, with a 40 amp fuse in it.

Wired the rca cables and Remote cable from the back of my head unit,to my amp.

Wired the ground grom my seatbelt bolt..back to the amp.

Plugged the 25 amp fuse that came with the kit into the amp..turned the key..and boom, the fuse blew...

Hmm...checked all the wiring, put a new fuse in..boom..blew again.

I even tried moving the ground location..the wire is inbetween 2 metal washers..boom, blown fuse.

What's the problem? Only the fuse in the amp is blowing, not the fuse in the power cable. The power light on the amp goes on..then fades out..and the fuse pops.

What can this be? Any help? Thank you.

Check the connections at the amp. Be sure there are no stray strands of wire. Use a DMM and check the resistance at the amps speaker connections. It is possible a speaker wire may have come loose in shipping and shorting the outputs. And again be sure you have proper polarity on your power inputs.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 06-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Just Gettin Started

tim1087 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmanspl View Post
Check the connections at the amp. Be sure there are no stray strands of wire. Use a DMM and check the resistance at the amps speaker connections. It is possible a speaker wire may have come loose in shipping and shorting the outputs. And again be sure you have proper polarity on your power inputs.
What should the DMM read at the speaker wire imput?

what's proper polarity at the power imputs?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

If I'm not mistaken, the DMM should read 1.8ohms at the amps speaker output. As for polarity, + to + and - to -. Make sure the power lead from the battery is on the + terminal of the amp and not on the - (ground) terminal.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
The Following User Says Thank You to rainmanspl For This Useful Post:
Geneh (06-17-2008)
Old 06-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Enthusiast

Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rodek is on a distinguished road

Is it possible for you to borrow a buddy's amp? You can hook it up to your existing wiring to rule out a bad amp. The downside however, is if there's an installation error, you could damage your buddy's amp.

Also, you could try hooking up one woofer at a time. If the amp plays one woofer fine and then you hook up the second one and it shuts off, you have a bad woofer.