Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
ByronClink is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 What size fuse for A100 series

I got my son an A100 8" for Christmas. Everything says that power has to come directly from the battery and be fused at the battery, but there was no wire to hook to the battery, and no fuse or fuse holder supplied. What size fuse do I need for this powered S/W? I can handle running the wire through the firewall and to the battery, but I need to know what size fuse. The thing is cutting out when just connected the radio's power supply. I think it isn't getting enough current and shutting down. Any other ideas?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What size fuse for A100 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronClink View Post
I got my son an A100 8" for Christmas. Everything says that power has to come directly from the battery and be fused at the battery, but there was no wire to hook to the battery, and no fuse or fuse holder supplied. What size fuse do I need for this powered S/W? I can handle running the wire through the firewall and to the battery, but I need to know what size fuse. The thing is cutting out when just connected the radio's power supply. I think it isn't getting enough current and shutting down. Any other ideas?
7.5 amp fuse. Are you using the FAST-Harness? If so, are you using the High Level or Low Level Inputs?
Geneh (01-02-2013)
Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Just Gettin Started

ByronClink is on a distinguished road
Thank You Re: What size fuse for A100 series

I'm using the fast harness. Using the RCA low-level inputs. The power cable in the harness is so small, but hooking up to a good solid hot lead has helped a lot. I've got a 15a fuse in it now, but will swap it to a smaller fuse. Thanks for the info.