Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jade_monkey07 is on a distinguished road
Default Can i bridge my bt10250d

Im looking to take the slave outputs for the secondary sub and re rout it to the 10250d itself, is the amp capable of bridging? Or is the woofer going to handle it?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can i bridge my bt10250d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_monkey07 View Post
Im looking to take the slave outputs for the secondary sub and re rout it to the 10250d itself, is the amp capable of bridging? Or is the woofer going to handle it?
The outputs of the 250D are to power a slave unit only, the BT1014. However, to drop the impedance of the unit down to 2 ohms mono you will have to change out the driver to the DVC 4ohm driver and parallel the voice coils. Only use the internal wires of the Tube to connect to the replacement driver, do not do anything with the output wires.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks for the reply, im basically looking to increase the bass out of it. I find it quite lackluster. As in i can barely tell its even on if i dont have the stereo cranked, gain is all the way up. But i am running it with a factory deck, split off the rear speakers. The factory deck has very few settings to help this along. Now the manual says to run it like this if i have a choice between high and low inputs. Would an aftermarket deck with more control help? Why doesn't it suggest to use the low inputs? Would running 4v over 2v outputs help? Any help would be great!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, im basically looking to increase the bass out of it. I find it quite lackluster. As in i can barely tell its even on if i dont have the stereo cranked, gain is all the way up. But i am running it with a factory deck, split off the rear speakers. The factory deck has very few settings to help this along. Now the manual says to run it like this if i have a choice between high and low inputs. Would an aftermarket deck with more control help? Why doesn't it suggest to use the low inputs? Would running 4v over 2v outputs help? Any help would be great!
You are not dealing with a power issue. From what you have described you either have connected to speakers with little or no useful bass information present or you have the inputs wired out of phase.

High Level Inputs are recommended because this is a verified high voltage source. It is also best to connect to the front speakers for your signal source.
Geneh (01-02-2013)
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Just Gettin Started

Everything is wired negative to negative, positive to positive, i will try the front speakers this morning(wont take me 15 min). I think its a combination of terrible speakers(if i turn the bass up past zero on the factory deck they sound like ****) and no separate control for the sub.
Im going to look at aftermarket decks today.
What difference would a 2.5v volt pre amp or 4 volt make in this sub/amp? Cleaner signal is what the word around the web is, but is there actually a difference in volume at all? since the amp is starting with more voltage i would imagine so. I dont think its worth the extra 150-200 dollars...
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Everything is wired negative to negative, positive to positive, i will try the front speakers this morning(wont take me 15 min). I think its a combination of terrible speakers(if i turn the bass up past zero on the factory deck they sound like ****) and no separate control for the sub.
Im going to look at aftermarket decks today.
What difference would a 2.5v volt pre amp or 4 volt make in this sub/amp? Cleaner signal is what the word around the web is, but is there actually a difference in volume at all? since the amp is starting with more voltage i would imagine so. I dont think its worth the extra 150-200 dollars...
Little to none. Using the high level inputs, you have balanced architecture. Everyone for the past couple of years has been raving about balanced input. Bazooka realized the important noise rejecting capabilities of balanced inputs years ago. Using the low level inputs doesn't always provide sufficient voltage to drive the Bazooka to full output. Some radios simply have too weak of output on the RCA's to get full output.

If you want control over the Tube, purchase the correct RBCM and save some cash over purchasing a new headunit.