Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dbjnky is on a distinguished road
Default New MBTA10250D rattling after install.

I hope someone can help. My wife ordered me an MBTA10250D from Amazon for x-mas. Last weekend the weather allowed me to install the sub in our boat. With the seat down all sounds great. I just noticed while cleaning the compartment where the sub is, it makes a horrible rattling noise. When I touch the woofer directly (barely) the noise stops. With the woofer off if I press the dust cap it makes a grinding noise and feels rough. I assume the voice coil is bad but not sure. I haven't even got adjust the gain and see what the woofer will do. Any ideas what to do next?
Thanks,
Old 03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New MBTA10250D rattling after install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbjnky View Post
I hope someone can help. My wife ordered me an MBTA10250D from Amazon for x-mas. Last weekend the weather allowed me to install the sub in our boat. With the seat down all sounds great. I just noticed while cleaning the compartment where the sub is, it makes a horrible rattling noise. When I touch the woofer directly (barely) the noise stops. With the woofer off if I press the dust cap it makes a grinding noise and feels rough. I assume the voice coil is bad but not sure. I haven't even got adjust the gain and see what the woofer will do. Any ideas what to do next?
Thanks,
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Give Customer Service a call Monday at 1-800-THE-TUBE. Driver replacement will be covered under warranty since the Tube is less then a year old. Be sure to have the sales receipt on hand.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Just Gettin Started

Dbjnky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Give Customer Service a call Monday at 1-800-THE-TUBE. Driver replacement will be covered under warranty since the Tube is less then a year old. Be sure to have the sales receipt on hand.
Thanks. Are they able to just replace woofer or does the entire unit need to be replaced?
Old 03-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbjnky View Post
Thanks. Are they able to just replace woofer or does the entire unit need to be replaced?
Only the woofer will need to be replaced. Customer Service will give you all the details concerning the replacement.
Dbjnky (03-19-2011)