Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
tony97gt is on a distinguished road
Default Stainless Tube Mounting Hardware

I am writing to express my discontent with Bazooka Customer Service. I purchased two 10" Marine amplified bazooka tubes last year. I also purchased the UMS mounting systems. Unfortunately, due to the layout of my boat I am unable to mount the tubes to a flat surface on the floor. I am forced to mount the tubes onto the sidewall of the center console. This idea worked for a few weeks, until the UMS system began to rust heavily and stain my white fiberglass. I contacted Bazooka via email and received a response, and the writer requested I send photos. I did this, and was never responded to again. As it stands now, I have two tubes which I cannot use because Bazooka makes waterproof tubes but no waterproof hardware to mount them. The straps provided are not strong enough to withstand the force taken during rough waters. Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bazooka.jpg (79.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg bazooka2.jpg (78.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Stainless Tube Mounting Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony97gt View Post
I am writing to express my discontent with Bazooka Customer Service. I purchased two 10" Marine amplified bazooka tubes last year. I also purchased the UMS mounting systems. Unfortunately, due to the layout of my boat I am unable to mount the tubes to a flat surface on the floor. I am forced to mount the tubes onto the sidewall of the center console. This idea worked for a few weeks, until the UMS system began to rust heavily and stain my white fiberglass. I contacted Bazooka via email and received a response, and the writer requested I send photos. I did this, and was never responded to again. As it stands now, I have two tubes which I cannot use because Bazooka makes waterproof tubes but no waterproof hardware to mount them. The straps provided are not strong enough to withstand the force taken during rough waters. Please help.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. From looking at the pictures you have posted, it looks as if the socket cap screws are the culprit. Have you called Customer Service (1-800-THE-TUBE)? Have a copy of your email in hand when you talk to one of the Customer Service Rep's.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 AM

CJ will become famous soon enough

I apologize for the problems you have experienced, however, the UMS brackets that you have used were not intended in the manner in which you are using them. Our only recommendation is that you find a place in a compartment somewhere that the product can lay flat and be adequately secured. The product can be tucked away and will still produce a great bass response. The president of "our company" (ME) uses our Marine tubes in his Center Console boat and they are tucked away beneath the console in the batter compartment. Mounting the tubes to the side of the center console is not advisable. I hope this information is helpful to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to CJ For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (03-22-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Just Gettin Started

What purpose would it serve to have bazooka tubes mounted inside a closed compartment. Maybe the president doesn't get out of his boat and go into the water, but I do. It would serve no purpose to have them tucked away inside a compartment where I cant hear them outside the boat. You are assuming I have a compartment. Obviously, if I had a better spot to mount the tubes I would have utilized it. This was my ONLY choice of mounting locations, and it's unfortunate that you make marine tubes bu no marine mounts. The mounts hold sturdy and have no problems taking the abuse of the waves. It's the materials which the mounts are made of that rusted within weeks on me purchasing them. Have you ever considered the possibility that I am not the only customer who has purchased marine tubes and may need a stainless steel marine mount?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
President

Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony97gt View Post
What purpose would it serve to have bazooka tubes mounted inside a closed compartment. Maybe the president doesn't get out of his boat and go into the water, but I do. It would serve no purpose to have them tucked away inside a compartment where I cant hear them outside the boat. You are assuming I have a compartment. Obviously, if I had a better spot to mount the tubes I would have utilized it. This was my ONLY choice of mounting locations, and it's unfortunate that you make marine tubes bu no marine mounts. The mounts hold sturdy and have no problems taking the abuse of the waves. It's the materials which the mounts are made of that rusted within weeks on me purchasing them. Have you ever considered the possibility that I am not the only customer who has purchased marine tubes and may need a stainless steel marine mount?
Tony,
Yes, I do get out of my boat, and the music sounds great. Bass response is non-directional and typically wave lengths of 30-40 feet long, so stowing the product in a safe compartment on a boat is very typical. Regarding your question about stainless steel mounts, we do not get a lot of inquiries for these. As we have noted, most of the time this product is mounted horizontally, on a level surface, and in a semi protected area. I understand this is not your situation and can only recommend that you have a suitable mount custom fabricated for your application. However, please keep in mind that the Bazooka products are designed to be corner loaded (i.e. loaded into a compartment of some sort) for maximum performance.

KF

The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (03-31-2010)
Old 03-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Just Gettin Started

Kingfish, thank you for your advice. Part of my displeasure is with the fact that there is not a mount to suffice my requirements. The other part is that of the customer service rep who never followed thru with the questions I had.

Maybe you can show me the setup you are using, and I can get some ideas from it. My problem with mounting in a compartment is that the only compartment I could use, is often used for storage of personal items and the portable toilet. If I mounted toe tubes in the compartment, I would have to remove all the towels, bags, and other things inside the compartment for optimal sound. Correct? My other dillema, is the compartment sits below floor level because it is inside the center console. So maybe from what I am understanding you are saying about non-directional, the sound would amplify up and out of the compartment? I am no sound expert, so that is why I am searching for possible alternatives here. I am close to just buying a 4 strap kit, which would probably suit my needs for the existing setup. But if you are saying that I would get a much better response from the tubes if they are mounted down below, maybe that is something I will try to experiment with. Any input is appreciated.