Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ono Nadagin is on a distinguished road
Default Need help Amp in 6inch tube died

Ok to catch everyone up to speed on where my audio system stands atm

I have a 08 FLH that I bought with out tour pack but added a custom painted one I owned from a previous bike

I then purchased a MC-HD-AK4 amp and added it to the bike with the addition of a wiring harness I purchased from you guys and with the help of one of your techs I was able to figure out what wires to tie into off the harness to power my front and then rear touring pack speakers .. and keep the throttle volume control off the stock head unit.

I then added a 6 inch powered bass tube made to be controlled by the MC-HD-AK4, I bought this from a guy who had totaled his bike so it was used... well last month one of the toshiba transitors on the amp board fried/smoked...

Would like to know if this is something that can be sent in for repair(times are tough so this is prob not an option if the price is to high)

And secondly my son has made a CS8A5 powered bass tube available to me for free and seems to think that if I can get a wiring diagram for it that we can wire it up to work... I would use the additional internal 4x25x amp to power 4 tweeter seperates.

Do the experts around here think this is at all possible?

Any input would be apriciated.

ty

Ono
Old 03-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need help Amp in 6inch tube died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ono Nadagin View Post
Ok to catch everyone up to speed on where my audio system stands atm

I have a 08 FLH that I bought with out tour pack but added a custom painted one I owned from a previous bike

I then purchased a MC-HD-AK4 amp and added it to the bike with the addition of a wiring harness I purchased from you guys and with the help of one of your techs I was able to figure out what wires to tie into off the harness to power my front and then rear touring pack speakers .. and keep the throttle volume control off the stock head unit.

I then added a 6 inch powered bass tube made to be controlled by the MC-HD-AK4, I bought this from a guy who had totaled his bike so it was used... well last month one of the toshiba transitors on the amp board fried/smoked...

Would like to know if this is something that can be sent in for repair(times are tough so this is prob not an option if the price is to high)

And secondly my son has made a CS8A5 powered bass tube available to me for free and seems to think that if I can get a wiring diagram for it that we can wire it up to work... I would use the additional internal 4x25x amp to power 4 tweeter seperates.

Do the experts around here think this is at all possible?

Any input would be apriciated.

ty

Ono
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Red is going to be the person your going to want to get with on the CS8A5, you can send him a PM.

As for the repair, give Customer Service a call at 1-800-THE-TUBE to request a quote. This will at least open the door for your available options.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Just Gettin Started

steve7680768 is on a distinguished road

It is better to replace it with some store... Otherwise if you use some second hand stuff then you will face the same problem again...
Old 04-18-2010, 04:39 PM

Red is on a distinguished road

you can get the wiring diagram from our web site but i suggest you just replace the amp not much $$$$$$ and keeps your system in spec. I think by adding a CS8A5 your asking for problems but it is your bike .

Cheers,
Red
The Following User Says Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (04-18-2010)
Old 04-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Just Gettin Started

bradsmokes is on a distinguished road

Embarrassing..my tube damaged also..need help,,AK4 amp
Film