Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mantra2 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Bazooka F A S T

Okay so I have everything hooked up correctly, so I am sure, I have an after marked head unit in my Chevy Malibu 2001 and I have matched all of the colors of the wires up perfectly, but the unit doesn't seem to have any power when I turn the car on. Basically what wires should I double check? The wires that are connected to my headunits remote cable? and the red 12v wire?

Any other reason I might not betting any power?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bazooka F A S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantra2 View Post
Okay so I have everything hooked up correctly, so I am sure, I have an after marked head unit in my Chevy Malibu 2001 and I have matched all of the colors of the wires up perfectly, but the unit doesn't seem to have any power when I turn the car on. Basically what wires should I double check? The wires that are connected to my headunits remote cable? and the red 12v wire?

Any other reason I might not betting any power?
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. What model Tube do you have connected? Is the Tube powering up and you have no volume, or is the Tube not coming on at all? Consult the owner's manual of the headunit to verify the color of the +12V power wire and verify your ground. One last question, how do you have the Auto-Turn On Loop configured?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Just Gettin Started

I have the BTA850FH. I don't know what loop your talking about, it never came with anything. I just have the plug and the volume on the subwoofer no other connections. It doesn't seem to have a power indicator so as far as i know it could be either one.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I have the BTA850FH. I don't know what loop your talking about, it never came with anything. I just have the plug and the volume on the subwoofer no other connections. It doesn't seem to have a power indicator so as far as i know it could be either one.
The BTA850FH has a different harness, so not to worry. As far as matching your FAST-9999 wires to your headunit, the power wire on some headunits are colored yellow. Consult your owner's manual to verify what wire is the +12V power source. Do not forget to verify your ground wire either.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Just Gettin Started

Well. I tried hooking the remote turn on wire to both the Yellow (Constant 12V) and hooking it to my remote cable which is coming from my head unit. It didn't work either way as far as I know. I have the Red cable on the fast hooked up to my 12V Ignition power cable. Still doesn't want to work at all. It's grounded and everything. I am not sure if something is wrong with the unit or what now.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Just Gettin Started

Is there some specific Wire I can hook it too? From my actual car harness I do not have a Remote Antenna or a Remote cable. the only ones are coming from my head unit which is aftermarket.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Just Gettin Started

Well it appears that the subwoofer has power, but it still doesn't turn on or play any music but there is power in the cables.

What do you suggest that I do now?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Just Gettin Started

I bought the item from Amazon.com, but I really don't want to have to mail it back seeing as I ran all the wire in my car already. Isn't there some sort of warranty service I can just exchange out the unit?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I bought the item from Amazon.com, but I really don't want to have to mail it back seeing as I ran all the wire in my car already. Isn't there some sort of warranty service I can just exchange out the unit?
Yes there is, call 1-800-THE-TUBE and speak to someone in Customer Service. You will receive a RA number to send only the Tube back. Please be sure to fill out the warranty registration information for the Tube as well.

http://www.bazooka.com/warranty
Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: Bazooka F A S T

I registered the product and I will be requesting the RA number tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much for your help. You have any idea how long this will take I'd like to be able to use it sometime soon since I haven't got that chance yet.