Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Folgs11's Avatar
Folgs11 Folgs11 is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Folgs11 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 FAST 9999 Universal

I need help connecting the universal FAST to my wiring harness in the back of my stereo in 99 intrigue. I printed out the wiring diagram for the car but how to i connect the wires into the harness? What do I do with points on the end of the caps on the FAST or just help in general.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,950
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST 9999 Universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgs11 View Post
I need help connecting the universal FAST to my wiring harness in the back of my stereo in 99 intrigue. I printed out the wiring diagram for the car but how to i connect the wires into the harness? What do I do with points on the end of the caps on the FAST or just help in general.
Folgs, here is a schematic for connecting the FAST-9999 to your factory harness.

FAST 9999
Red: power
Blue/White: remote turn on
Left Front (-): White/Black
Left Front (+): White
Right Front (-): Gray/Black
Right Front (+): Gray

You will want to tap into the front speakers for your signal. When and if you do use the fader, you will most likely fade to front, reducing the volume out of the rear speakers. By doing so, you are reducing the voltage to the speakers and also the Tube if you connect to the rear speakers for your signal. By connecting to the front speakers, you will not be reducing the voltage (think output) to the Tube. As for the connection itself, unscrew the cap, place the appropriate wire in place and screw the cap back on. Please post back with anymore questions you may have.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Folgs11's Avatar
Folgs11 Folgs11 is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Folgs11 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST 9999 Universal

Thanks that helps some but do I need to splice the wires to tap into them? I thought the harness was supposed to make it so you dont splice?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,950
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST 9999 Universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgs11 View Post
Thanks that helps some but do I need to splice the wires to tap into them? I thought the harness was supposed to make it so you dont splice?
Here is a link explaining the type of connector you are dealing with. Again, the FAST-9999 taps into the wire for a signal, not cut the wire as most other splices do t-taps or quick-splice connectors.

http://www.posi-lock.com/posiplug.html
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Folgs11's Avatar
Folgs11 Folgs11 is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Folgs11 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: FAST 9999 Universal

I tapped into the wires in the back of my stereo. I turned on the radio and no music would play. So I took off the ground and the music came back on. Whenever i grounded it the music went off. Although, my tube is not showing power (the green light is on) My car does not have a remote turn of so I'm not sure what to do with that wire. This is the diagram for my 99 intrigue Constant 12V+Orange Switched 12V+Yellow GroundBlack/White IlluminationGray/Black DimmerBrown/White Antenna TriggerDark Green AntennaRight Rear Front Speakers5 1/4" DoorsLeft Front (+)Tan Left Front (-)Gray Right Front (+)Light Green Right Front (-)Dark Green Rear Speakers6" x 9" Rear DeckLeft Rear (+)Brown Left Rear (-)Yellow Right Rear (+)Dark Blue Right Rear (-)Light Blue
Any Help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:19 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,950
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST 9999 Universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgs11 View Post
I tapped into the wires in the back of my stereo. I turned on the radio and no music would play. So I took off the ground and the music came back on. Whenever i grounded it the music went off. Although, my tube is not showing power (the green light is on) My car does not have a remote turn of so I'm not sure what to do with that wire. This is the diagram for my 99 intrigue Constant 12V+Orange Switched 12V+Yellow GroundBlack/White IlluminationGray/Black DimmerBrown/White Antenna TriggerDark Green AntennaRight Rear Front Speakers5 1/4" DoorsLeft Front (+)Tan Left Front (-)Gray Right Front (+)Light Green Right Front (-)Dark Green Rear Speakers6" x 9" Rear DeckLeft Rear (+)Brown Left Rear (-)Yellow Right Rear (+)Dark Blue Right Rear (-)Light Blue
Any Help would be appreciated!
I don't quite understand what you are talking about. What ground wire are you referring to? As for your remote turn-on, this is also your switched 12v source.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
bazooka.com
SAS, BAZOOKA, BASS TUBES, and LISTEN TO YOUR EARS are registered trademarks of Southern Audio Services, Inc.