Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
DEECEEJAZZ is on a distinguished road
Default Hello and need some help please

I'm in Louisiana and just bought the BTA8200 for a Honda Accord with a Pioneer DEH-P6000UB h/u. Any advice from anyone on running the wiring? I know not to run power with signal, but is it better to run power under the car from the trunk to the battery or through the car interior? I plan to run signal wire under the carpet and along the door rail. I have some concern about power routing under the car due to the amount of rain we get in this area. From the searching I did on the forums there seem to be a lot of people that know a lot here.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Geneh has a spectacular aura aboutGeneh has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hello and need some help please

I would run it in the interior of the car.

Q u o t e s:
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to Geneh For This Useful Post:
DEECEEJAZZ (08-22-2008)
Old 08-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

It would not be a very good idea to run the power wire underneath the vehicle, as if by some chance you do create a short, it will most likely weld itself to the floorpan, or where ever the short happens. My advice to you would be to run the power wire on the same side of the car as the battery. Sometimes you can find an accessory hole in the firewall, via a rubber plug, or most likely you will need to drill a hole through the firewall. Just make sure you are not drilling into any wiring or the back of your dash. Make sure you use a grommet so as not to short the wire at the firewall. You should be able to remove the sill plate and run the wire under the carpet. When you come to the seat belt anchor bolt, make sure you run the wire underneath the bolt, that way the carpet will lay flat. You can then run the interconnects down the other side of the car or the middle of the car (if you are using low level interconnects). Make sure you make a good ground. If you have a DMM, make sure you measure the resistance at the ground. It should be zero at all times, even when you try to wiggle the wire around. (DMM - Digital Multi Meter)
DEECEEJAZZ (08-22-2008), Kingfish (08-22-2008), rainmanspl (08-21-2008)
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Just Gettin Started

FAMU83 is on a distinguished road

Try to find a a rubber plug underneath your dash on the battery side, drill a hole slightly smaller than the diameter of you power wire. Then run your power wire through that hole so you can have you wire inside the car. Run the wire under your side panels and then in the trunk or where ever your sub will be. Once the installation is complete go back to your hole and apply some silicone to make sure it is sealed. If you have to drill through the firewall then use a groumet and still use silicone to seal it up. Be very careful where you drill so you do not hit any other wires or whatever on the other side. By the way that is a great H/U and I'm sure you will enjoy it.......Good Luck.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FAMU83 For This Useful Post:
DEECEEJAZZ (08-22-2008), Kingfish (08-22-2008), rainmanspl (08-21-2008)
Old 08-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Just Gettin Started

DEECEEJAZZ is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the great advice guys. I hope to be listening to some good jazz soon in Baton Rouge.

Let the good times roll.