Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yadkin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Single amp, dual voice coil

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Yes, gain and input level are the same. If you are comfortable with using a DMM, there is always a formula you can use to set the gain or input level. A quick Google search can help you out with that and there are literally a ton of videos on YouTube dealing with the subject.

Set the subsonic filter for 30Hz, ideally, 35Hz is best, however, 30Hz will still function well. If you do add any bass EQ, you will have to make sure the gain settings are still correct. This means making sure that you are not clipping the signal. Again, you can use the DMM for this.

The 1964 T-Bird is a beautiful car. It sounds as if you are well on your way to having the car up and running soon. I myself am partial to the Lincoln Continential's of that era.

I am quite familiar with Forsyth and Yadkin Counties. Your location puts you in Lewsiville or Clemmons, is that correct?
Great, yeah I am very familiar with a DMM, and I'll look that up.

Yeah I'm in Clemmons. I found some great car guys in the area. Kevin Bush in Clemmons is doing the engine (including upgrades), Brad Miller in Advance is the body and paint guy (Wimbledon white with pearl coat), Scarlett's in Mocksville is doing the upholstery (black leather), and I've done the suspension, brakes, and am doing the interior, electrical, AC, and some electrical mods (such as the sound system).

I've never been a Conti guy myself, but if I win the lottery I'd love to have a Mark II. Those cost as much as a Rolls back then and I imagine that they are both super rare and pricey.