View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Recurring problem with both El8a and BTA8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernukes View Post
Once again thanks for your expertise....I have one last question? I am 99% certain it is pre amp sub output from back of deck. The sub worked for a a week or so cut off and continues to come on for seconds or songs at a time. The ground is good. Power turn on works and show light on and off as it should. But Before I take back seat out again and now also front seat out so I can get at amp and use pass thru pre amp signal to go to sub instead of sub out on deck.... Is there any chance that somehow my 12 volt power supply could be causing this?... it reads 12 volts on meter.... But in your vast experience have you seen a power supply cut on and off like it is?
Absolutely. A quick check to verify is to simply disconnect the switched +12v (remote turn-on) at the Tube annd connect it directly to the constant +12v connection. If the Tube plays non-stop, you've found the culprit. If not, you know what you are dealing with.
Geneh (04-03-2013)