View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Recurring problem with both El8a and BTA8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernukes View Post
My trusty el8a started acting up. After 10 years of faithul service it started cutting out. Then after chacking everything and getting it working it would work a few minutes and cut out. I replaced it and sent amp out to bazooka for repair. The BTA worked perfect for a few weeks and now it has started cutting out after a few minutes. Bazooka service says el8a amp is fine. the only thing in wiring that has changed at all is ground connection. I am using the rear seat connection bolt to main chassis. Does this sound like it could all be ground related and I need to find a better one?? or should IO also troube shoot remote turn on (connected to amp) or even input (sub preamp from deck)...Thanx
If the only connection that has changed is the ground, then yes, begin with the ground wire connection. Do you have a ring terminal crimped to the ground wire? Measure the resistance at ground using a DMM. This should read zero at all times, even when slightly trying to move the ground wire itself.

From there, move to the remote turn-on wire. Check the connections at the headunit and the Tube harness.