View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ions462 View Post
Hello,
I’m trying to install my BTA850FH into a Kenwood KDC-MP342U that’s installed into a 2000 4runner but no luck. No sound coming from sub. I got the wire colors from the kenwood manual and I was just wondering how I should’ve tapped into the kenwood. And when I use the FAST-9999, should it connect directly into the wires coming out the back of the head unit and not the harness that connects the kenwood to the car, correct? Thanks!

Power Control/Motor Antenna control wire
(Blue/White) – P.CONT

TEL mute wire
(Brown) – MUTE

Not used
(Blue) – ANT. CONT.

Ignition Wire
(Red)

Battery Wire
(Yellow)

Ground Wire
(Black)

And oh, one more thing, I noticed in the kenwood manual it says if subwoofer does not work its probably because the pre-out is not set to subwoofer. Damn, I should’ve read the Kenwood manual too before I quit for the day.
It doesn't matter if you connect to the factory harness or the harness of the headunit.

Your connections should go as follows:

Red power wire of the FAST-9999 - Yellow wire of the headunit
Blue/White wire of the FAST-9999 - Red wire of the headunit

Make sure you have an adequate ground, turn on the subwoofer function of the headunit and you should be good to go.