View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: installing a bta10250d in a '12 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagle302 View Post
So I finally got the bass tube undamaged. Anyway what size wire should I use from the battery to the amp? And also should I tap the front speakers or rear speaker for the hi level inputs? Is this better than using a line out converter and rca's? Thanks for the info!
You will be fine using a 10 or 12 gauge wire for the power and ground wires.

Using the front speakers for the signal source is always the preferred method when using the High Level Inputs. Is it better? In a one word yes, as this is a verified high voltage source, which in turn makes purchasing an LOC and RCA cables not necessary. However, keep in mind that with some factory systems, connecting via the High Level Input can cause an impedance issue, which will cause the Tube and factory stereo to turn on and off intermittantly. When this happens, installing an LOC and using RCA cables fixes the problem.