View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by natewho View Post
I've read the first and last of this thread, skipped the middle. But need to clarification.

I've installed my BTA10100 and everything seems to work fine.

I bought the FAST adapter for a Mitsubishi. Apparently that adapter doesn't match up with a 2010 Lancer. Oh well, that's not gonna stop me. I separated the wires from that adapter and made my own FAST-9999 (kinda). After figuring which wire goes where (Thank you Bazooka for making your Mitsubishi adapter with different wire colors than the normal Bazooka wire colors ).

I spliced the correct wires to the correct locations behind the radio.

Question is, this is all I need to do? Or do I need to run a direct wire to the battery like a typical installation?
There is a reason that the FAST Specific adapters all carry the following disclaimer; This harness is designed to connect to OE radios in MOST** Mitsubishi Vehicles. Not for use in amplified systems.
**Bazooka reccomends you compare picture to your vehicle's harness to ensure compatibility. If in doubt, find an Authorized Bazooka Dealer near you for assistance.

The "normal" Bazooka wires and the FAST-9999 are colored they way they are because they are "universal" and NOT vehicle specific.

No, there is no need to run a seperate fused power wire to the positive battery terminal.