View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpg View Post
Hello,

I need help. I have no power to my BTA10100 though I have sound from my head unit. If unplug & replug the fastbtah to the sub the sub's power light comes on but then turns off immediately.

I installed the fast9999 and fastbtah with my BTA10100 in my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. I have an aftermarket powered head unit (with front, rear & sub outs) with all 6 wires of the fast9999 tapped between the factory wire & h/u. The blue/white wire (power antenna) on the fast9999 is connected to the factory wire but not into the head/unit as I have no external amp other than the bta10100 & whatever power the h/u puts out. Should the h/u be connected to the blue/white wire? Though the h/u has rca sub outs, I didn't connect them as the speaker wires are tapped from the harness. I grounded the fastbtah to the rear seat & sanded most of the paint. I have yet to sand the depression in the chassis right where the bolt goes. I suppose this could be it, but wanted to know about the blue/white wire.

Thanks
Connect the red power wire of the FAST-9999 to the constant power wire of the headunit; the blue/white wire of the FAST-9999 to the switched power wire of the headunit of the remote wire of the headunit (not the power antenna wire). Use the front speakers of the harness for your signal source OR you can use the RCA's and plug into the sub-out of the headunit, but DO NOT connect both.
pimpg (12-20-2012)