View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveylg View Post
Heavy-first thanks so much for your reply and help.

I will make sure antenna is in , although did not remove it. I did clip off RCA jacks on one side of fast harness as they were not needed since I have none on radio and saw no need to run these. The other side by clip going into sub still has RCA wires.
Interesting you mention ground wire. I've been struggling with this. I wound up drilling a hole very close to where the sub mounting floor bracket is in the trunk through metal floor, sanding paint and screwing down eyelet into metal floor below carpet. Do you think I should redo or choose another place ?
Once again thanks for your valuable input.
Make sure that the ends of the RCA's you cut off are well insulated, although ideally, leaving the plugs attached would have been the best thing to do.

If you have a DMM measure the resistance at the ground. It should measure zero. If this checks out and you are still having the problem after checking the antenna and the RCA's, relocate your ground. Instead of using a self-tapping screw try using a nut, bolt and some star washers.