View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Easiest Intall 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazemonster View Post
Greetz all,

I had a bazooka professionally installed in my 2005 FX35. I just purchased a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Alpine premium sound. (9 + 1) The factory subwoofer is an 8" mounted in a plastic box..and sounds OK...but not great. I just purchased a 10" 250w powered tube and was looking for the easiest way to self install the tube. I guess I should pull HI INPUT lines from the factory sub, and maybe even "T" into them.

If someone has "specific" advice...especially for this vehicle...I would be most grateful. I am not really wanting to pull off the rear interior quarter panel (lots of clips) to get at the wires feeding the sub...but this "should" work...correct?

My buddies all give me crap about Bazooka tubes...but I enjoy them, and they do what they are supposed to do...very well at that!

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Haze
You may need a LOC to avoid any impedance problem with tapping into the subwoofer harness of the factory system. You will know if you have an impedance problem if after you connect to the correct harness and the Tube and the factory stereo play and stop for apparently no good reason. If this happens, installing a LOC will fix the problem. Specifically you should look for a LOC such as; PAC SNI-45T High Power 2-Channel Line Output Converter with Low Voltage Trigger Remote Output.
Hazemonster (12-07-2012)