View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA8100, FAST BTAH, w/ aftermarket deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kllrmschvs View Post
What's up guys, my first time on the forum. I have a couple questions regarding my first upgraded sound system ever. Heres some insight on what I have and what I'm planning.

I ordered the BTA8100 with the matching FAST harness to match my vehicle. I've also bought the FAST BTAH.

I understand the FAST harnesses were meant to make installation simple for factory stereos. However, I currently have an aftermarket deck, Pioneer DEH-7300BT.

I was wondering if I could connect the FAST harness to the harness I used to connect the aftermarket deck to my truck as if it was the factory stereo? Would subwoofer controls on my deck work to control the tube?

Also, one thing that I didn't expect to find were RCA connections on the FAST BTAH that I ordered (I guess this is a new thing??) Because I have an aftermarket deck, I was told the best way to hook up the tube was with a wiring kit, drawing power directly from the battery and using the RCA connections behind the deck. This would result is better quality. (for me I don't mind sacrificing a little quality for simplicity. Not to mention I already ordered the FAST BTAH and am not trying to do the whole return/exchange thing. I just want a functional, simple, good sounding system.)

With that said, I was pleased to see RCA connections on the FAST BTAH but I have no idea what to do with them. Why are they there when it was suppose to be a simple 3 plug installation? Does it benefit me that there are RCA connections since I have an after market deck?

I hope I was thorough/clear with my descriptions.. Thank you guys for any help you can give me. If I'm missing anything, or if I need to clarify anything better please let me know and I'll do my best.

*If possible, can you guys please use Layman's terms as much as you can, I'm definitely a beginner in this field
To connect to your aftermarket headunit you will want to use the FAST-9999. Your subwoofer controls of the headunit will only work when you use the subwoofer line out of the headunit, which is why the revised FAST-BTAH include RCA's.

Using the FAST Harness will not cause any decrease in sound quality or for that matter, quality of any kind. The FAST System was designed to make installation a breeze, and it does just that. Because most people do not understand or know the type of amplifiers these Tube's have, and the associated current draw, they are quick to jump to inappropriate conclusions that using the FAST Harness will create some kind of reduction of quality in sound output.

Use the RCA's of the FAST-BTAH to connect to the subwoofer output of your headunit.
kllrmschvs (11-09-2012)