View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 09 gmc sierra SLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreale View Post
thx for the reply. So it looks like i need the 6 inch one, which is 8" high, i originally assumed it would be 6". so i found some instructions on how to remove the head unit. how much work is it to run the wires. do i just need the wiring kit and the universal strap? how much better is the 250w compared to the 100w. how much better is the 8 inch of the 6 inch?

thx again
By simply rotating the Tube you can fit an 8" Tube into the same area.

Running the FAST-BTAH harness is straight forward, however, you do have to use caution with regards to the safe placement of the harness.

If you decide on the BTAXX100 Tube, look for a FHC model which includes the FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH. Mounting straps are not universal, however, they are included with the Tubes.

It's not a question of which is better, the 250D or the BTA100, it's a question of what you are looking to do. If you are looking for a Tube to compliment the factory system, the BTAXX100 line fits the description. If you are going to eventually upgrade and like the idea of adding another Tube at a future point in time and tweaking the crossover point, go with the 250D. Keep in mind installation will be a bit more complex as you will have to run a fused power cable, remote and signal connections versus the FAST-BTAH.
Geneh (10-25-2012)