View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Just Gettin Started
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Louis6507 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi everybody!

I do have one question:

To extend the power wire for the BTA10250D, which gauge wire should I use? Will a 4 gauge CCA (copper coated aluminum) kit be enough?

I believe, if I'm reading the online documentation correctly, the unit only comes with about 19" of #12 gauge wire. That's with the "fuse" it mentions, however, is that fuse sufficient for the direct connection to my battery or should I also purchase a traditional amp fuse box?

I'd like to have all of the wiring in place when I receive my tubes, so I can enjoy them as quickly as possible. (^_^) ...I'm so impatient. lol

Also, my head unit has two 2.5v sub RCA connections. If I use those, I can use my HU's built in low-pass filter, to prevent any bass from going to my factory speakers. But, I'm under the impression that 2.5v RCA are "low-power." So, should I just tap into the regular speaker wires? (My HU claims 20 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms, is what it supplies to my speakers.)

I appologize but this is my first sub installation and am confused about the High-Level Input Vs. the RCA input. I thought 2.5v RCA was the higher power, since that's what my HU wants me to use for my sub.
Good from far is far from good.
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
Do good instead of evil and try to live at peace. (Psalm 34:14)