View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
a356 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 limited space in old 57

Okay, I have a Pioneer head unit in a 1957 Porsche 356.

Previously I had a HUGE custom box in the back with 2 6x9s and a 10" sub all infiniti pappa series stuff and pioneer amps.

I am not going for a more stream line look and less HUGE.

I am using 2 component kappa series infiniti speaker in the front stock locations and adding a 100 watt amplified 6" bt6100 to the back cargo area for bass

My thought is to limit the front speakers to 80hz and then by adding the ampliified bazooka i should have good sound from Metallica's One to Tpayne's Church, I have to listen to what the kids like when they go for a ride with me in the car. :-/

any how

I have dedicated power and ground from the prior system, remote on from the head unit and phono plug audio feed to back for the sub... Am i missing anything? I am trying to have this ready to plug and play when the package arrives :-)

have I made a good selection? anyone help me know how to better tune the audio in the car?

I put all power to front two speakers limited them to 80hz and with feed the sub via phono plug.

I see the bazooka does lik 39-85hz so I hope my front components doing 80-25k hz gives me full rich enveloping sound

thoughts?