View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 6100 in the trunk of my GoldWing. Need more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydominator View Post
I want 8250 too for my GL1800!

Few questions:
1) I have J&M speakers that works well, but they decreased a bit maximum volume because of more power in watts. As I know 8250 will add 4 ohms to my system... Will my speakers volume be reduced again?

2) Can 8250 be plugged in my system without purchasing amplifier for my speakers?

Thank you!
Adding the BTA8250D will not cause a reduction in volume because you are not powering the Tube off of the system, only creating a signal source when connecting the Tube using the High Level Inputs.

Yes, you can use the BTA8250D without purchasing an amplifier for your speakers, however, the reduction in volume of your replacement speakers is most likely due to a decrease in efficiency or a change in impedance which will cause the lower volume output. You may find at some point in time the desire to add an amplifier to your existing system.