View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesIII View Post
Just for further clarification with the part quoted in the parentheses above, both the BTA850 and BTAXX100 subs DO NOT need to connect directly to the battery.

Both subs can simply be installed using the provided FAST harness with wire taps to be correctly installed and retaining the warranty. Basically plug and play.

Sorry for this slightly redundant question but the part quoted in brackets can be viewed 2 ways and I feel this is important considering the warranty could be invalidated if not installed properly.
No need to apologize, if you're not sure it is always best to ask.

As for the 2 ways to view what you have underscored, I don't quite understand what your concern is, however, let me see if I can hopefully clarify what I do think the problem may be.

When you are dealing with the BTA850 and the BTAXX100 amplified Tubes (and only these amplified Tubes), you can connect the Tubes one of two ways that will not void the warranty while providing a safe, secure installation. The first being the traditional method of connecting the power wire of the Tube to the positive battery terminal of the vehicle using a fused power cable. The second method would be using the FAST Harness System, which taps into the factory harness of the audio system to make the +12v constant connection as well as all the other connections.