View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhabetler View Post
Thanks again Heavyduty!
I actually have the new box design, but the old harness... Just bad luck I guess.

The other option would be to use the high level (speaker) head unit outputs - they're the recommended wiring option for the amplified Bazooka sub tubes, right?

But:

1. Can I use the head unit speaker outputs even if they are also driving speakers? Won't there be some potential impedence issues if the speaker outputs are driving the Bazooka sub and speakers at the same time?

2. Should I use the front or rear head unit speaker outputs?

3. Wouldn't the head unit subwoofer RCA outputs be a more logical choice to use? All the other subs I've installed have used amps driven by RCA outputs...

Thanx,
Justin
Actually, using the High Level Inputs is the preferred method of connecting the BTAXX100 line (and TA850).

No, it will not create any issues, impedance or otherwise because you are not powering the Tube by making these connections, you are only creating a signal source.

As for the Sub Out of the headunit, it is a nice feature, but with the fixed crossover design of the Tube (subsonic and low pass) you really do not need this feature of the headunit.

As for which channels to connect to, always use the front channels. In the case that you use the fader to adjust for your soundstage (by fading to front) you will be reducing the voltage to the rear speakers and also lowering the output of the Tube. However, if you do want to use the fader as a volume control, you can connect to the rear speakers and fade to front to reduce or "turn-off" the Tube.

Or if you really want to tweak with the output of the Tube but don't want to deal with using the fader, connect to the front speakers as suggested and purchase the RBCM-100.
sun1145 (08-17-2011)