View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New MBTA10250D rattling after install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbjnky View Post
I hope someone can help. My wife ordered me an MBTA10250D from Amazon for x-mas. Last weekend the weather allowed me to install the sub in our boat. With the seat down all sounds great. I just noticed while cleaning the compartment where the sub is, it makes a horrible rattling noise. When I touch the woofer directly (barely) the noise stops. With the woofer off if I press the dust cap it makes a grinding noise and feels rough. I assume the voice coil is bad but not sure. I haven't even got adjust the gain and see what the woofer will do. Any ideas what to do next?
Thanks,
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Give Customer Service a call Monday at 1-800-THE-TUBE. Driver replacement will be covered under warranty since the Tube is less then a year old. Be sure to have the sales receipt on hand.