View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric O View Post
Hi, I just purchased the BTA850FH, my receiver has RCA jacks for Sub output.
1. Is it recommended I use the RCA jacks instead of using the FAST harnesses speaker connections?

2. Also, if I were to use the RCAs, the FAST harness RCAs are both the same color, but the connections are Red/White on the receiver, I assume it does not matter how they are inserted.

3. Is there a danger in connecting both the speaker and RCAs up together?

4. What is your opinion on using the RCAs vs the speaker connections.
Thanks
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum.

1. Is it recommended I use the RCA jacks instead of using the FAST harnesses speaker connections? Page 10 in the Owner's Manual clearly states that High Level Inputs are recommended. This is a verified High Voltage signal source.

2. Also, if I were to use the RCAs, the FAST harness RCAs are both the same color, but the connections are Red/White on the receiver, I assume it does not matter how they are inserted. No, it does not matter. The signal is summed mono internally.

3. Is there a danger in connecting both the speaker and RCAs up together? Page 11 of the Owner's Manual clearly states DO NOT make any connections to the High Level Inputs when the Low Level Inputs are being used. Page 15 also states that any Tube that has been improperly installed will void the warranty.

4. What is your opinion on using the RCAs vs the speaker connections? Use the High Level Inputs for the reasons previously mentioned.