View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bazooka tube identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldtzbme View Post
hey heavyduty
i was thinking of puting my factory radio back in my 98 gmc yukon, and was wondering about the FAST-9999 harness with posi-tap connectors. Bazooka.com clearly states it will not work with the bta250d, but i was wondering if it will work just with the posi-tap connectors and cutting off the clip end and just twisting the wires together. I'm pretty sure this will work, but was wondering about the red and blue wires that are on this harness. The installation manual says the red is 12v power and obviously the blue is remote, but says you can use the power antenna wire. My truck does not have a power antenna and I already have the power cable ran from the battery back to the tube. The manual also says make sure to connect all 6 wires to the OEM harness. So in my case, I would not need the red 12v wire...right? The blue however I'm sure I need, but am just not sure which one to hook it to. Any ideas?
That is correct, the FAST Harness is not for use with the 250D due to the difference in amperage draw. However, you can use the FAST Harness for your input and remote turn-on connections. Connect the blue/white wire to the switched +12v source of the factory headunit. Leave the red wire of the FAST harness disconnected and your good to go.