Thread: Amp Help
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Amp Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekamysz View Post
Hey, About 2 years ago I bought a Bazooka Amp. Its one of the BA series and 1000W. It worked well untill about 6 months ago it started not providing power to the subs. The amp will turn on for a second and emitt the blue light and then instantly turn red. I was under the impression that this indicated a bad ground so i bought new ground wire and connected it to the frame but nothing has changed. I also checked the connection in the back of the head unit and used a test light to make sure that power was making it past the fuses to the AMP. I am at a complete loss about where to go from here. Any suggestions would help me out a lot. Thank you for anything you can suggest
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. The Protection LED is illuminating. Check your speakers for a short (use your DMM) and make sure that the speaker wires from the amplifier to the terminals are not grounding out somewhere along the vehicle.