View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bazooka tube identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhurts View Post
Problem, I noticed the dual voice coil ones are 300W, where the singles are 100W. I'm guessing that's the peak power. The recommended wattage is 100W for the single and 150W for the dual voice coil. So the recommended wattage for a pair of them would be 200W-300W depending on which one it is? If they're single, I'd be overloading them, but if they are dual, I'd probably be undercutting them. Is there a way to tell? .The previous owner had them hooked up to a 400W amp, but I don't know how much they knew about them.

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand it.
No problem. Your Tubes are single voice coil with a maximum recommended wattage of 100 watts per Tube. Any amplifier rated 200 watts mono (at a 2 ohm load) or 50 to 100 watts stereo (2 channel amplifier at a 4 ohm stereo load) will be a perfect match for these Tubes. You really do not want to power these with anything less then 50 watts or more then 100 watts.
killerhurts (08-17-2010)