View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA6100 F.A.S.T connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockenRod View Post
Hi heavyduty,
You have me confused. It sounds like in the first post you say it is OK to run the 12 volt power cable in the wire harness with the rest of the wires. Then in the last post you mention "When connecting to the battery of your vehicle, you will then want to keep the power wire separate..." So, should I run my own power wire, separate, or use the power wire that comes as part of the FAST harness??
I should have been clearer in this post as to what I was comparing, I apologize for that Rod. I was comparing high current draw components, such as amplifers, say the 3, BA2150HC I have. These amplifers are fused with dual 30 amp fuses (for a total of 180 amp current draw), so I have no choice but to run the power wire seperate in this case, because of this high current draw, there is a greater chance of introducing noise into the system. In your case, or the case of anyone using the FAST System (which is compatible with only the BTA100 line) the current draw is very minimal, no greater then the factory stereo, so you will have no problem with the install, as you will be getting your power from the same point in the car's fuse box. If you look at any of the other amplified Bazooka Tubes, the current draw is much higher then the BTA100 line and ARE NOT compatible with the FAST System, for the reason's that you and I have already spoken about before. Again, the guru's at Bazooka have done their job with the FAST System and the BTA100 Tubes. In fact, this is the same setup that Toyota uses in their vehicles that have the optional Bazooka subwoofer installed from the factory. Please post back with anymore questions you have and again, I apologize for not being clearer with regards to the last post.