View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA6100 F.A.S.T connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockenRod View Post
Hi heavyduty,
You have me confused. It sounds like in the first post you say it is OK to run the 12 volt power cable in the wire harness with the rest of the wires. Then in the last post you mention "When connecting to the battery of your vehicle, you will then want to keep the power wire separate..." So, should I run my own power wire, separate, or use the power wire that comes as part of the FAST harness??
No, it is not necessary for you to run a seperate power wire, period. Again, the power draw in the entire BTA100 line has a low current draw, very low, minimal. You have obviously read or heard somewhere that power wires (when connected to the battery) have to be run away from any signal wires. The second post was explaining why. When connecting a component to a battery, it usually means there is a high current draw, so again, the second post was explaining why it is necessary to keep these seperate. If you also read the post, you read where I compared Low Level and High Level signals, and why the higher the voltage, the better at rejecting noise. Now, let's exam your situation again, a low current draw, and a High Level Signal. The current draw of the BTA6100 you have has no higher of a current draw then your factory stereo and that power wire is run in the same harness as the rest of your speaker wires, so without adding the Bazooka, is there any introduced noise in your system now? No, because of all of these facts that I have posted. Again, there is absolutely no reason for you to have any fear in using the BTA6100 and the FAST System. This is a well designed system that works, and works well, period. If you have anymore questions or are still confused please post back.
RockenRod (04-27-2009)