View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OEM Replacement Woofers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerguy77 View Post
I have used your bazooka tubes before and love them. I need to replace the stock sub in my Jeep Wrangler. What sub has everyone been buying?? Is it the 6 inch dual voice coil one?? Plus are they wiring it the same as the stock one or how are they doing it?? Any info would be great!!
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum wranglerguy. There are several 6" replacement subwoofers for you to choose from, including the DVC 6". Assuming your factory speaker is 4 ohm, (you will want to verify this with a DMM or look for a stamping on the basket or magnet) you will want to choose the WF681.5 DV, which is a dual 8 ohm voice coil. You will then want to make a pair of jumper wires and connect positive to positive and negative to negative from one of the terminals to the other terminal. This will result in a total impedance of 4 ohms. If you find that your factory subwoofer is a different imepedance just post back and we can point you in the right direction. If you have anymore questions or thoughts just post back.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...----------P267