View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Just got a BTA6200 and have a connection question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnadianut View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. I really hadn't really thought about that. I was hoping to see what the bt6200 could put out before i cut off the factory sub. I am looking for the easiest intall.
Thanks
cnadianut, I recommend that you use the High Level Inputs of the Bazooka BTA200 and tap into the speakers on your Edge. The factory subwoofer is removed very easily on the Edge, in fact it is held in place by three bolts. You will then simply disconnect the enclosure. While others may recommend that you purchase a LOC (Line Output Converter) and use the factory amplifier as your Low Level Output, this is simply a waste of money. The Bazooka BTA200's High Level Inputs are Line Output Converters, so why purchase another component you already have and don't need? Secondly, the BTA200 has seperate gain and crossover controls that will allow you to tailor the Tube to what you think sounds best. There would only be one remaining thing I would recommend that you purchase, and that is the RBCM-RS. This will allow you to tune the response whenever you would like from the driver's seat. Just pick a convinent location to mount the unit and fine tune away. Please post back with anymore questions or thoughts you may have.

Below is a link where you can read up on the unit.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...00-Series-P212
Geneh (03-02-2009)