Old 07-16-2008, 05:53 PM
BAZOOKA Man

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Blown amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patentpending View Post
OK, I installed everything back into my car. The stuffing is still in the tube, I have it set to auto turn-on, and I bought and ran a 12 foot RCA patch cable(barely long enough) and it works good now. The onl problem now is that my stock speakers seem like they are distorting more than they were before and I am getting a good amount of intereference(not to the sub, to the rear deck speakers), because I have to have a 17 foot wiring harness from the HU to the RCU in the trunk. Unfortunately theres no other way to run it than the way it is, which is that wire harness which has all the speaker cables in it, and the power cable for the amp are running right next to each other. Is there any way I can shield either the power cable or the wire harness to get less interference? I ran the RCA cable on the other side of the car but the RCU and the battery are both on the drivers side so they both have to be run on that side.
Reduce the bass level on the H/U and let the sub work the lows more. If your H/U has a high pass x-over, try turning it to 60hz or so.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl