Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Amplified Tube Subwoofers (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Distorted/Muffled Base HELP (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8385)

Toddlemier 06-17-2014 04:33 PM

Distorted/Muffled Base HELP

Hi Folks,
I recently installed an internally amplified Bazooka in my car. Sounds great when the car is not running. When I start it the above happens. I have tried running a direct ground to the battery to see if that help, no luck. I tried installing a noise suppression unit at the deck. still nothing.
Not sure what to do?

heavyduty 06-20-2014 09:34 AM

Re: Distorted/Muffled Base HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddlemier (Post 34598)
Hi Folks,
I recently installed an internally amplified Bazooka in my car. Sounds great when the car is not running. When I start it the above happens. I have tried running a direct ground to the battery to see if that help, no luck. I tried installing a noise suppression unit at the deck. still nothing.
Not sure what to do?

That sounds like an ignition issue, especially due to the fact that it happens when the car is off. What type of vehicle is the Tube installed in, as well as any modifications, specifically with wires, plugs, or ignition box?

Toddlemier 06-28-2014 08:10 PM

Thanks,
I have it in a 68 Roadrunner, powered directly to the battery. Grounded through the body with a separate ground from the battery to the body. The subwoofer works great "when the car is off" not when it runs, sounds terrible.
Thoughts?
Thanks again

Geneh 06-30-2014 10:07 AM

What is the model number of the subwoofer?

Toddlemier 07-01-2014 05:15 PM

BTA10100RTA - Its a 10" internally amplified Sub

Geneh 07-02-2014 11:20 AM

Are you using the audio turn-on option or the remote turn-on wire, RCA or high level inputs?

Toddlemier 07-03-2014 08:10 AM

I have RCAs with an infrared remote.:)

heavyduty 07-03-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddlemier (Post 34624)
I have RCAs with an infrared remote.:)

How and where are the constant +12v power, switched +12v power, and the ground connected?

Toddlemier 07-10-2014 04:54 PM

Not sure on the constant but the other is ran into the fuse box. what are you thinking?

heavyduty 07-13-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddlemier (Post 34638)
Not sure on the constant but the other is ran into the fuse box. what are you thinking?

Several things. The first being, where in the fuse box are you located? The second, finding out where the remote turn-on is attached? It is critical that these answers are discovered. And finally, what kind of spark plugs and wires are you using? Is there an ignition box, as well?