Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Amplified Tube Subwoofers (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   BTA850FH install ?? (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8383)

signguy62 06-13-2014 05:03 PM

BTA850FH install ??

Okay I read through the forums and as far as I can tell I'm hooked up right. The tube works, powers up and thumps! But I'm having some issues. I dont have the FAST system just the harness that plugs into the tube and then gets wired to the head unit. I'm using the RCA's connected to the rear/sub outs on the head unit, the red wire is hooked to 12v constant (yellow on my head unit), the blue/white to 12v switched (red on my head unit) and a good ground. Problems....It (the tube) thumps when I turn on the vehicle. And if I adjust anything bass, mid, treb, etc....it effects the tube? Suggestions? :confused:

heavyduty 06-13-2014 09:26 PM

Re: BTA850FH install ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by signguy62 (Post 34595)
Okay I read through the forums and as far as I can tell I'm hooked up right. The tube works, powers up and thumps! But I'm having some issues. I dont have the FAST system just the harness that plugs into the tube and then gets wired to the head unit. I'm using the RCA's connected to the rear/sub outs on the head unit, the red wire is hooked to 12v constant (yellow on my head unit), the blue/white to 12v switched (red on my head unit) and a good ground. Problems....It (the tube) thumps when I turn on the vehicle. And if I adjust anything bass, mid, treb, etc....it effects the tube? Suggestions? :confused:

Take a look at your ground connection. If the ground is not adequate, you will pick up a transient thump. If ground checks out, move to your connections, and make sure the RCA's are fully inserted.

ANtubenut 12-23-2014 08:44 PM

Thump issue-
1. Most head units use a blue wire to trigger a power antennae or external amp. This wire activates (goes hot) shortly after the main battery power is turned on. In other words, the amp turns on after the BATTERY + wire is hot. The delay gives the amp a chance to "charge up" (for lack of a better term).

2. Ground wire: Your ground wire should go from the Bazooka all the way to the battery. It is ok to also ground it to the body of the car along the way, but always run a ground wire from amp to battery.

3. >the red wire is hooked to 12v constant (yellow on my head unit)..

Your Bazooka should be hooked to the battery + (with a fuse). The power wire for the head unit might be too skinny to handle the Bazooka amp. This does not contribute to the turn-on thump, but the smaller wire can limit the available electricity for the amp.

Scott

heavyduty 12-23-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANtubenut (Post 34785)
Thump issue-
1. Most head units use a blue wire to trigger a power antennae or external amp. This wire activates (goes hot) shortly after the main battery power is turned on. In other words, the amp turns on after the BATTERY + wire is hot. The delay gives the amp a chance to "charge up" (for lack of a better term).

2. Ground wire: Your ground wire should go from the Bazooka all the way to the battery. It is ok to also ground it to the body of the car along the way, but always run a ground wire from amp to battery.

3. >the red wire is hooked to 12v constant (yellow on my head unit)..

Your Bazooka should be hooked to the battery + (with a fuse). The power wire for the head unit might be too skinny to handle the Bazooka amp. This does not contribute to the turn-on thump, but the smaller wire can limit the available electricity for the amp.

Scott

True, to a degree. The remote +12v source of the headunit, dedicated to an external component is not always the same as the antenna power. When the source unit goes from tuner to another form of media, the antenna lead will often turn off, as the power antenna is now off. However, the voltage of a remote turn on lead, is quite small, and is measured in milliamps, and is on as soon as the key is turned, no delay. Today's amplifiers take care of turn on thump, sometimes called a soft turn-on.

The ground wire should always be as short as possible. While it is true that in some installs, especially vehicles that used galvanized steel or have fiberglass panels, grounding to the battery was a must, that is hardly ever the case anymore.

When installing a BTA50FH or BTA100FH, you can always connect to the constant power of the headunit. Not only is this a fused power source, but it is also a more than adequate power supply for the BTA50 and BTA100 Tubes.