Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Raw Woofers (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Slightly torn subwoofer surround (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8338)

Kolme 05-30-2013 09:54 PM

Slightly torn subwoofer surround
 
Hey all,

I received my two new 6.5 DVC 2ohm bazooka woofers yesterday and started installing them today. Unfortunately, while screwing in one of them, the screwdriver slipped and ended up slightly tearing one of the surrounds :(...

Is there anyway I can repair the surround instead of replacing it? Some had mentioned silicone sealant and I wanted to see what ya'll had to say

Thanks,
Kolme

heavyduty 05-31-2013 11:11 AM

Re: Slightly torn subwoofer surround
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolme (Post 34461)
Hey all,

I received my two new 6.5 DVC 2ohm bazooka woofers yesterday and started installing them today. Unfortunately, while screwing in one of them, the screwdriver slipped and ended up slightly tearing one of the surrounds :(...

Is there anyway I can repair the surround instead of replacing it? Some had mentioned silicone sealant and I wanted to see what ya'll had to say

Thanks,
Kolme

If the tear is small enough, you can try to use a glue, such as a sealant, however, the overhwleming factor you have to be aware of is adding weight to the subwoofer itself. This is always a bad thing. The lighter the adhesive, the better. Ideally, flip the driver over and see if you can glue from the inside, using adhesive on the flap of the torn surround.

Kolme 05-31-2013 12:52 PM

Re: Slightly torn subwoofer surround
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 34463)
If the tear is small enough, you can try to use a glue, such as a sealant, however, the overhwleming factor you have to be aware of is adding weight to the subwoofer itself. This is always a bad thing. The lighter the adhesive, the better. Ideally, flip the driver over and see if you can glue from the inside, using adhesive on the flap of the torn surround.

thanks for the response heavyduty. Its a fairly small tear (smaller than a tick-tac sized flap). Should I lightly coat the entire flap and the surrounding area or just the edges of the flap itself? (I can reach under the flap btw!)

Thanks for the help!
Kolme

heavyduty 05-31-2013 01:23 PM

Re: Slightly torn subwoofer surround
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolme (Post 34465)
thanks for the response heavyduty. Its a fairly small tear (smaller than a tick-tac sized flap). Should I lightly coat the entire flap and the surrounding area or just the edges of the flap itself? (I can reach under the flap btw!)

Thanks for the help!
Kolme

Take the approach that allows for the smallest amount of adhesive. This means the edges of the flap itself. There is no need to coat the entire area.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
bazooka.com