Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   BTA50FH low volume/low output (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8337)

punjistick 05-28-2013 09:17 PM

BTA50FH low volume/low output

Just installed another bta50fh, and I'm not getting much volume out of it. I previously installed one in my daughters car and it sounded so good I bought one for my Wife's.
Phase is good, ground is good, power is good, but I'm not getting enough out of it to even tell it's installed. The one in my daughter's car works like a champ. Even switched them and it still doesn't make a difference.
Installation is in a 2013 Honda Accord. I've disconnected the active noise cancellation module and ensured polarity is correct. Power and switch are run from the fuse block via "add a fuse" fast taps.
Anyone have any tips?

heavyduty 05-29-2013 09:00 AM

Re: BTA50FH low volume/low output

Quote:

Originally Posted by punjistick (Post 34457)
Just installed another bta50fh, and I'm not getting much volume out of it. I previously installed one in my daughters car and it sounded so good I bought one for my Wife's.
Phase is good, ground is good, power is good, but I'm not getting enough out of it to even tell it's installed. The one in my daughter's car works like a champ. Even switched them and it still doesn't make a difference.
Installation is in a 2013 Honda Accord. I've disconnected the active noise cancellation module and ensured polarity is correct. Power and switch are run from the fuse block via "add a fuse" fast taps.
Anyone have any tips?

Are you connected to the front or rear speakers of the Accord?

punjistick 05-29-2013 10:39 AM

I'm connected to the rear speakers.

heavyduty 05-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punjistick (Post 34459)
I'm connected to the rear speakers.

As the power connections check out, as well as the phase of the inputs, the one thing left to check would be to determine if your rear speakers are sending a signal to the Tube that it can actually use. If there is no bass information present, the Tube has nothing to reproduce.

punjistick 06-02-2013 01:56 PM

What's the best way to check that? I'm probably just over thinking it. It's getting a signal, but it's not amplifying it well. If I turn the radio waaay up and stick my head in the trunk, it makes a difference, otherwise, I can't tell it's even there.

Thanks for your help with this so far!

heavyduty 06-03-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punjistick (Post 34467)
What's the best way to check that? I'm probably just over thinking it. It's getting a signal, but it's not amplifying it well. If I turn the radio waaay up and stick my head in the trunk, it makes a difference, otherwise, I can't tell it's even there.

Thanks for your help with this so far!

To begin with, to test for any significant bass information, simply uplug the Tube, fade to rear and listen for any bass. After, fade to front and compare the results.

Double check the phase of the inputs. Reverse the signals on one channel to see if the bass increases. Also, make see the Auto-Turn On Loop is disconnected (if equipped in your harness).

The last thing to check is the location and orientation of the Tube. If the Tube is not corner loaded, output will suffer greatly.

punjistick 06-08-2013 05:56 PM

There is bass from the rear speakers. If I disconnect the auto turn on loop (unplug it) then the tube won't even turn on. The phase is set correctly. If I swap it on one side the bass goes from low volume to completely gone.

heavyduty 06-10-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punjistick (Post 34485)
There is bass from the rear speakers. If I disconnect the auto turn on loop (unplug it) then the tube won't even turn on. The phase is set correctly. If I swap it on one side the bass goes from low volume to completely gone.

Give the Tech. Department a call at 1-800-THE-TUBE.

Geneh 06-10-2013 12:18 PM

What is the signal voltage range on the left and the right speaker wires on the 14 pin plug?